Come and say hello if you are in the Highlands

(63 Posts)
Flier Fri 07-Nov-08 11:50:12

Hello! I am originally from the Central Belt but have lived just north of Inverness since 2001, I often wonder how many mumsnetters are in this neck of the woods, cos these local boards are soooo quiet.

come on, say hello and lets see how many of us there are.

Flier Wed 12-Nov-08 16:25:40

oh and congratulations! smile

Wallace Wed 12-Nov-08 18:52:57

LOL I'm so glad I said I couldn't come. My mum just reminded me that she is coming round on Friday morning so would hae ahd to cancel anyway [dizzy blonde emoticon]grin

IAteMakkaPakka Wed 12-Nov-08 20:48:16

Any takers still on for Friday? Say 10/10.30ish?

rachelinscotland Wed 12-Nov-08 20:58:29

hmm, seems no one else wants to meet up with us! lol

beautifulday Wed 12-Nov-08 21:32:48

i went to baby fishes a couple of times when my son was younger but not been since, i found it a bit difficult to actually get chatting to others at it as it was so busy but its good to meet others there or in a group. fab coffee house.

Flier Wed 12-Nov-08 21:47:32

so, its just

IAteMakkaPakka
rachelinscotland
Flier

for our mini-meet up at Runaround www.runaround.biz, 10am this coming Friday.

rachelinscotland Fri 14-Nov-08 00:13:28

Probably too late to catch either of you before morning, but just wondering how I'll recognise you? LOL Obviously, there's a photo of me on my profile, so guess if you find me that might work. But I'll be clueless as to who you are!

I'll probably only be able to stay for an hour, as bit of busy day tomorrow - so is 10am best to come, or should I make it more like 10:30? Thought if I get there too early and only stay an hour, might end up leaving rather soon after you arrive.

Anyway, rather silly with questions so late - sorry!

Flier Fri 14-Nov-08 07:42:56

RACHEL, I'll be there from 10 and I think MakkaPakka is planning that time too. Hadn't you met MakkaPakka before? I actually assumed you had an accent so I'd know you wink I'll see if I can find you email addy and email you some more personal info.
x

rachelinscotland Fri 14-Nov-08 07:50:19

LOL, don't think I have that much of an accent. Besides, most ppl initally haven't a clue where I'm from! haha

Yes, evidentally I have met MakkaPakka before, but was a couple of years ago and in the context of Freecycle, so not sure I'd remember who she was, though I often see people and know I've meet them before somewhere - just can't always place where!

IAteMakkaPakka Fri 14-Nov-08 19:13:59

Nice to see you guys today - the wee one had a blast, it was a very peaceful trip home grin

We'll have to have another get together before long, hopefully sometime the others will be able to make it

rachelinscotland Fri 14-Nov-08 21:51:37

Really enjoyed this morning - lovely to meet you both! We'll have to get together again sometime...and just maybe we can eventually persuade the other highland MNers that we really aren't that scary afterall! LOL

BTW, would the Meetup section of MN be any better for letting people know about meet ups (since not everyone might be "subscribed" to the local bit of MN)? Or maybe you all did the last one there anyway.

Wallace Sat 15-Nov-08 07:29:57

Glad you lot had a nice time

Flier Sun 16-Nov-08 10:09:56

yes rachel, this wasn't actually started as a meet-up, it just turned out that way, lol.
Normally, meet-ups would be in the "meet-up section". I was going to add last weeks there, but didn't get round to it! smile

lovely to meet you all.

twinklemegan- are you going to arrange one for the week you are off work? that would be nice. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now