Come and say hello if you are in the Highlands

(63 Posts)
Flier Fri 07-Nov-08 11:50:12

Hello! I am originally from the Central Belt but have lived just north of Inverness since 2001, I often wonder how many mumsnetters are in this neck of the woods, cos these local boards are soooo quiet.

come on, say hello and lets see how many of us there are.

jenaegi Sun 09-Nov-08 22:19:26

Where and when?

Flier Sun 09-Nov-08 22:31:29

Runaround in Dingwall, 10am this Friday.

www.runaround.biz

Twinklemegan Sun 09-Nov-08 22:32:47

Hello again - I'm south of Inverness, but not as south as Wallace. Sorry I couldn't make Bumbles. I won't be able to make this one either if it's so soon. It sucks having to go to work sad.

I'm going to be on leave first week of December if anyone fancies a third meetup...

jenaegi Sun 09-Nov-08 22:34:26

Thanks, DH due home on friday, but will definately bear in mind in future! smile

Flier Sun 09-Nov-08 22:35:43

Hello Twinkle - Would you like to organise a meetup for December? grin

Flier Mon 10-Nov-08 13:10:04

anymore for any more?

rachelinscotland Mon 10-Nov-08 19:53:02

Hi everyone, I'm here & local. And what's more, don't see why I couldn't manage a meet-up on Friday morning!! Usually do my Tesco shopping then, but 10am is early enough, so could squeeze in shopping afterwards & before lunch, I'm sure. I've been in contact with you Flier before (think you bought a wee hat off me), so you'll know where I'm at.

Anyway, got a dd who is 3 tomorrow and ds who is 20mo today.

I'm sure there must be more hiding highlanders (or at least ppl living in the area!).

IAteMakkaPakka Mon 10-Nov-08 20:29:18

Now they're coming out of the woodwork!

The wee one and I are both full of the snots just now but I'm sure we'll have recovered (and won't be infectious) by Friday.

Meet at Runaround at ten-ish or is that a bit early for you guys?

rachelinscotland Mon 10-Nov-08 20:33:32

Yeah, 10am will be fine for me!

I'm excited about a meet up that isn't very far away! Wanted to go to the Bumbles one, but rather far for me since I don't have a driving license (well a US one, but not UK - so can only drive when husband is in the car!).

Flier Mon 10-Nov-08 21:45:29

hello again, rachelinscotland, glad to see that you can make it smile.

Wallace has gone quiet on you, makkapakka grin

Wallace Tue 11-Nov-08 06:17:51

Sorry I'm back, makkapakka. I think I'll give this friday a miss, sorry.

Ds2 has had a D&V bug and now I've got it (fairly mildy thank goodness) Now the other kids will probably come down with it I'd rather say no now, than say yes and let people down at the last minute.

Flier Tue 11-Nov-08 14:40:02

bump in case there are any highlanders online at this time of day smile

MommyUpNorth Tue 11-Nov-08 15:41:44

Hello! I'm in the highlands, but much further north than most of you it seems! Don't think I could make a meet up unless I got up and on the road fairly early!! I'm just south of Dunnet, and dc are 8, 6, 4 & very nearly 2.

Flier Tue 11-Nov-08 17:38:55

Hello mummyupnorth, sad have you discovered any other mumsnetters up as far north as you?

Flier Tue 11-Nov-08 17:39:37

smile

IAteMakkaPakka Tue 11-Nov-08 20:10:07

rachelinscotland, did you ever put a stairgate on freecycle? wink

Flier Tue 11-Nov-08 21:59:00

highland fling bump

rachelinscotland Tue 11-Nov-08 22:39:16

LOL MakkaPakka! Was it a stairgate that needed the fittings for it, or something like that? Seems I did give one of those to someone on Freecycle - for their dog, if I remember correctly tho! Surely someone hasn't spotted me! LOL

IAteMakkaPakka Tue 11-Nov-08 22:44:59

We've met then grin

And thanks

rachelinscotland Tue 11-Nov-08 23:42:23

LOL How did you work out it was me??!

MommyUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-08 07:01:44

Nope, I don't think anyone is this far north. I've tried contacting the NCT as well, but still just as far as Inverness (and maybe a tiny bit further north).

I'll keep an eye on this topic though as we are in Inverness every now and again for various things!

IAteMakkaPakka Wed 12-Nov-08 08:44:30

I was sure I recognised you from your profile and the locality matched up [stalker] grin

MommyupNorth - there was a MNer from way way up there called Miaou but she's not on here now

rachelinscotland Wed 12-Nov-08 09:12:31

I seeee....yeah pic would give me away! LOL

beautifulday Wed 12-Nov-08 14:31:00

hi guys,

hope your mini meet goes well - runaround is good! im stuck on meets unless its in inverness and on a thur/fri as i dont have a car (dh has it at work) so bus it is for me.
im in culloden.

I have a ds who is 13mths and am shocked to be expecting No2 in July......ekkkk

Flier Wed 12-Nov-08 16:24:42

hi beautifulday, sorry you can't meet up with us. Do you ever go to Little Fishes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now