Am I really worth nothing after all these years

(2 Posts)
almostmidnight Thu 26-Jul-07 20:15:28

This is a message for single mums out there. After 15 years of marriage my husband walked out for a girl 13 years his junior leaving me with my two precious dds. He says I am only entitled to claim money for the girls (i.e. CSA payments - which I believe is a measley 20% of his wages) and nothing for myself. Is this true. I gave up work as a joint decision to give our girls the best start in life. I can't believe he can walk away and leave me single, without any income and no help towards rent, bills etc. If it is true I can't believe how unfair this is. I have an appointment to see a solicitor but only if I can get legal aid as I have no income but the earliest I could get is two weeks away

KelGan Thu 26-Jul-07 20:36:36

Sorry to hear of this.

My husband left me in January this year for a girl of 17years old (he is 26). He left me and 2 children. Youngest being 3 months at the time.
HE has left me with bills and debts but unfortunately I can't get any money from him for myself. I can claim CSA for the children but nothing for me. The only thing I am entitled to is Income support.

If you are not working or if you have low income, you can and should receive Legal aid. I have received it as we are going through court over the children at the moment.

Hope this helps in some way. If you would like to talk more, just email me.

Kel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now