relocating family to Shetland..

(2 Posts)
LeahandJamiesMummy Fri 10-Jan-14 16:39:56

Hello, I was wondering if there is anybody on here that is living in shetland that can give me some insight into what it is like to live there, I live on isle of arran at the moment so we know the island life well. We want to build a new life for our family (DD is nearly 3 and ds is 8 weeks) I was just wondering what it is like there and if it's an ideal place to bring up kids. Tia for any information anyone can give me smile katy x

CentralshetlandMam Wed 12-Feb-14 18:45:22

Hi,
Despite what my Granny (from arran) believes living in shetland is nothing like living in arran. My grandad (also from arran) agrees.

Yes, it's a good place to bring up kids (as I would argue are many rural mainland scotland areas) but it takes £500 & 14hours to get a family of four & a car to scotland, so many people I know with families haven't left the islands for a couple of years!

You'd really need to be specific about what Island or area you were thinking of!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now