any opinions on wheatfields or oakwood schools?

(5 Posts)
wheretomoveto Sun 06-Sep-09 22:29:22

hi
we are thinking of moving from london to marshalswick area of st albans but wondering about schools. does anyone know anything about either of these schools?

many thanks in advance

JLo2 Sat 12-Sep-09 10:36:28

They're both very good schools, although quite different in how they 'feel'. Wheatfields is bigger with 3 classes per year group. It is a separate infant and junior school with a nursery attached to the infants. Oakwood does not have it's own nursery but is linked to the nursery at Skyswood school. Most children who go to Oakwood live on the south side of Sandpit Lane and tend to go on to Beaumont secondary school, whereas Wheatfields tends to be children on the north side of Sandpit Lane and transfer to Sandringham secondary. That is obviously quite a large generalisation but gives you a feel. Both schools are very popoular and oversubscribed.

The other primary school in Marshalswick is Skyswood which is smaller but also very good (although I'm biased as my children go there!!)

You can't go wrong with any of them but will only find out which one suits you and your family best by visiting them.

JLo2 Sat 12-Sep-09 10:37:37

Let me know if there is anything specific you wanted to know. I know people who go to all of them.

stepaway Mon 14-Sep-09 14:54:58

thanks, JLo2! That's great. I will definitely visit both and try to get a better sense of what they are like.

stepaway Mon 14-Sep-09 14:55:56

... and I hadn't even heard about Skyswood so I will check that out also!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now