Optician for child

(9 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 13-Jul-09 16:09:51

Can anyone recommend a St Albans optician who is good at giving eye tests to children?

edam Mon 13-Jul-09 16:48:30

If you can get over to Harpenden, can recommend Mr Shirazi at Lydon Shirazi on Luton Road (as you go North of out Harpenden torwards Luton).

JLo2 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:29:13

We have used Boots Opticians in St Albans and found them to be very good with my eldest DS who started having eye tests at about 6 years. They have certain opticians who are trained to do the children's eye tests so you sometimes have to wait for an appointment on a saturday.

evieb300 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:36:57

Yes - my 6yo goes to Roopers on George St - he's great with kids. He also has some lovely frames for kids if you need them.

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 13-Jul-09 18:03:35

Brilliant - thanks everyone I will look into Roopers and Boots but I don't much fancy braving the after school traffic to Harpenden edam!

edam Mon 13-Jul-09 20:49:36

was just a thought in case you didn't get any St Albans recommendations. smile

After school traffic is hideous - always wonder why no-one appears to use any short cuts...

GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 15-Jul-09 18:15:58

I know and I appreciate it edam

We have made an appointment at Boots as Dr Roope had no availability until August!

magso Thu 06-Aug-09 12:24:04

Sounds like you are sorted but just in case you are still looking I took ds (sn - 9 but asd/sld so challenging) to Paul Adler in abbey avenue. He was brilliant and as its in a local small shopping zone parking is easy.

manicmum11 Sat 30-Jul-11 14:10:54

I'd also recommend Paul Adler - my son was referred to him by our GP, who said he knew so much more than other opticians (and that his wife is a paediatrician). He knows a lot about special needs - always a good sign. Worth travelling within Hertfordshire for. They also do vision therapy - see http://www.eyezone.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now