book groupees wanted!

(67 Posts)
isittooearlyforgin Sun 26-Apr-09 20:11:38

hi there!! just scouting around to see if any book groups are looking for members or whether anyone up for forming one as a way of finding time to --drink wine-- read a good book?

edam Sun 26-Apr-09 20:35:13

Could you stretch to Harpenden? Would love to find a new book group. Mine seems to be coming to the end of its life, sadly.

isittooearlyforgin Sun 26-Apr-09 21:00:12

Harpenden is no problem !

edam Sun 26-Apr-09 22:21:39

excellent - if we don't get any other takers, perhaps I could invite you as new blood to my dying-on-it's-arse book club (I'm making this sound really attractive, aren't I?). Think the problem is the key organiser has pulled out as has gone back to work full-time with a major promotion.

alibubbles Mon 27-Apr-09 07:51:25

I'm interested, you are always welcome to come and drink wine with me as DH is away M-F!

edam Mon 27-Apr-09 13:55:52

hello Alibubbles, how the devil are you? You've probably forgotten recommending a driving instructor to me but want to stay thanks, Carol is great. Had to put lessons on hold for a while but am back in the driving seat now so keep your fingers crossed I pass, one of these days!

Btw, are you still childminding, and do you ever do school holidays for children who aren't with you full-time?

alibubbles Mon 27-Apr-09 16:49:03

edam, yes and yes to your questions!

I remember recommending carol and she still waves, even though it is, I can't believe, 6 years since DD's first lesson as she is 23 on wednesday!

I do have space in school holidays, and do get asked to cover other childminder's holidays,

Happy to help if i can

isittooearlyforgin Mon 27-Apr-09 20:53:10

so - we could either gate crash yours edem or set up tiny little one and welcome newbies when they realise how fab our one is! what do you think?

muffinchops Wed 29-Apr-09 13:36:46

Hi there. This sounds perfect and I would be really interested. I live in Harpenden too. I know there are a few around but wasn't sure how you access them or whether they were on an exclusively invitation only basis!

isittooearlyforgin Wed 29-Apr-09 20:39:42

shall we call a date and a book? what do you think?a tuesday evening is best for me but can do any except wed. as for a book, anyone got something they'd like to try? Not sure about pubs in harpenden - anywhere recommendations?

Herts27 Sat 23-May-09 06:21:16

Hi, I've just joined Mumsnet, moved in to St A 3 weeks ago and dying to join a book club! Sorry, don't know any good pubs but have lots of ideas for good books!

chocaholic73 Mon 22-Jun-09 21:27:08

just saw this - did you get started? Are you still open for new members? I am in St Albans but Harpenden would be fine for me too

edam Mon 22-Jun-09 21:37:16

hi - I must have been distracted by real life or something as had completely forgotten about this thread. If there are a few people still interested in starting a book club, I'd be up for it... (mine is no more, sadly).

NigellaTufnel Mon 27-Jul-09 20:22:59

I would be up for a book group in Harpenden. Anyone still up for this?

Cryptonomicon Thu 30-Jul-09 08:51:17

I would love to join a book club. I live in St Albans but would be happy to go to Harpenden.

chocaholic73 Fri 31-Jul-09 16:01:20

yes I'm still up for it. Harpenden is fine for me, I live on the "northern fringes" of St Albans.

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 21-Mar-10 14:39:15

Just bumping this old thread to see if the book club ever got going and whether you have room for a new member at all?

cookielove Wed 28-Apr-10 16:05:07

is the book club going?

nevermore Thu 06-May-10 09:54:13

If anyone around Harpenden is still interested I'd love to join .....

Chocaholic73 Fri 07-May-10 10:08:19

Hi, nothing ever happened so far as I know. I'd still be up for it, I'm in St Albans but happy to go to Harpenden if that suits everyone best.

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 07-May-10 14:04:29

I'm also in St Albans but have a car so Harpenden is not a problem. That's 4 of us so far!

DeeLL Sun 09-May-10 10:44:53

Hello, new to mumsnet and am in St Albans - would also love to join your group please!

cookielove Sun 09-May-10 11:00:41

hello, back again email me at lawnmunchers@hotmail.co.uk am in london colney but know st.albans and harpenden well and can drive so will go anywhere grin

edam Sun 09-May-10 11:33:41

Hello good to see this thread has been brought back to life! Must check and see whether I've paid up for CAT - if we are all signed up, would be a good idea to contact each other off board.

Or we could just agree a time, date and place for first meeting and all carry the same book very prominently or something. grin

DeeLL Sun 09-May-10 11:59:37

Hello, still getting my head around the whole system smile so will sign up for CAT when I've discovered how!

For now should we agree a time, date and place? Is out of office hours possible at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now