Thinking of moving to the Cassiobury park area

(4 Posts)
MelMack Tue 31-Mar-09 14:06:28

Hi all
I currently live in south London, and am thinking of moving to Watford, preferably the Cassiobury area.

I wondered if anyone can give me an idea as to what it's like to live there & bring up small children? We have a 10 month old baby girl, and the move is mainly to be closer to my dad who lives in Chesham, but I want to be close to a decent tube & train network for commuting into central London.

We'll need a childminder for a couple of days a week, and I'll be no doubt pushing the buggy around the park as I only work 3 days a week, so I'd love any hints on where to go, what the atmosphere is like and if it's friendly for new mums.

Thanks ever so much.

Mel

IwoulddoDrWho Tue 31-Mar-09 17:25:09

Not that near Chesham. Why not Amersham, Chalfonts, Rickmansworth? Lovely place tho. Nice cafe in the park next to playground, always full of mums, with loads of groups going on - music, massage etc. Check out their noticeboard.

mrsmbuble Mon 14-Mar-11 14:18:38

Lovely area, lots of families around and of course, lots of good schools. The underground Met Line is a bit hit and miss, especially at weekends - replacement bus service does take forever if you don't have an alternative option. You can always use Watford Junction.

I think Rickmansworth is lovely too, fast trains into London.

Both areas really good for getting anywhere though, M1, M25, M40 all nearby.

inreb Fri 09-Sep-11 21:56:44

i moved to cassiobury just over a month ago really nice area, families all over the place. park fantastic and transport links good...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now