Harpenden help please

(4 Posts)
Knownowt Wed 18-Jun-08 13:28:18

Firstly, hello! I'm new to this site so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I also couldn't find a local group for Harpenden so am posting here- again, I hope that's right.

We're thinking of moving to Harpenden. We currently live in Brussels and I'm coming over for a first recce next week. I only have one day to get a feel for the place so I'm looking for recommendations.

1. Is there anywhere you particularly suggest I go to get a feel for the place (residential areas, shopping areas, anything)? We're particularly interested in primary schools so places in good catchments would be much appreciated.

2. I'll be coming with my toddler and baby. Are there any good playgrounds or similar in Harpenden that we can go to- I fear my 2yo will struggle with a day of pure property searching! Can you suggest somewhere for a quick lunch that is both toddler- and breastfeeding-friendly?

3. I might try to have a quick look at some of teh surrounding villages- do you recommend any in particular?

Apologies for so many questions!

greenlawn Wed 18-Jun-08 18:33:19

See your posting in chat - has responses!

Swedes Tue 08-Jul-08 15:03:27

Hello - I live in Harpenden and have a two year old (girl) and a baby (boy), plus two older sons too. Rothamsted park is lovely for children (there is a toddler playpark in the corner - it's tucked away behind big hedges and not very easy to spot).

It's a lovely place to live with children.

If you want any further information let me know.

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 20-Jul-08 09:15:08

How did your visit go Knownowt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now