Hatfield mums!

(23 Posts)
mum2yum Wed 05-Mar-08 18:55:52

Hey!
I am a new mum living in the hatfield area. Any other mums in this area?

justbeme Fri 04-Apr-08 19:49:01

Yes I am !
Im in Old Hatfield - what about you?
How old are you little ones?

mum2yum Thu 10-Apr-08 20:29:47

Yay! A fellow Hatfielder!
Im in the new barrats complex opposite the galleria (above subway and aldi!)
Ive got 1 ds who's 4 months old!
How about you?

susanh Thu 17-Apr-08 20:46:55

Hello,

I'm also new to Hatfield (moved here 2 weeks ago) and am living just off College Lane, near the University. I have a 22 month boy and am expecting my second in June. I'm just finding my way around, and in particular would really appreciate any advice from any Hatfield mums on playgroups in the area.

mum2yum Fri 18-Apr-08 17:08:37

There is a really nice park called Stanborough Park near to the big Tesco store. Its got a playground, tea room and a big lake with ducks/swans etc. I think you can do boating in the summer too! I'm sure there must be other places too...I'm still trying to find places too!

SparklyGothKat Sat 26-Apr-08 20:32:22

hi, i am in hatfield too, on the new site, near Ocado.

SparklyGothKat Sat 26-Apr-08 20:39:00

ooo as you are new to the area, I can help. There is Hatfield Fun Zone in Birchwood which is soft play. Willow farm isn't too far if you drive, just passed Welham green.

There is a toddler group at the Queenways health clinic in the town on thursday morning at 9:30, but I have only been once (last week because Ds2 had an eye check and I was at the clinic). There is also a toddler group at the new Howe Dell school community centre on fridays at 1pm. Not been there myself yet.
There is a BF clinic on fridays at the Queensway health clinic from 1-2pm, which I do go to and its fab!
HTH a bit

mum2yum Sat 26-Apr-08 22:58:38

Hi SparklyGothKat
Ive been to the BF clinic a couple of times! Might have seen you! Was thinking of going to the NCT session thar runs straight after. Have you ever been to it?
Also my ds is only 5 months old so he's not quite qualified as a 'toddler' yet! What age are the tots that go to the thursday morning group?

SparklyGothKat Sun 27-Apr-08 10:15:16

hi, I am the one with the tiny 7 month old boy, he was premature.

mum2yum Sun 27-Apr-08 14:43:33

Oh, I think I saw you once!
I'm the scarf wearing mummy to little Yaseen. Might see you again after May bank holiday smile

SparklyGothKat Sun 27-Apr-08 15:25:01

look at my profile, i have pics I think i do know you, haven't we spoke before?

SparklyGothKat Sun 27-Apr-08 15:26:31

the thursday one was for all ages, but TBH i don't think I will be going again, they are very clicky and only 1 person spoke to me, and I was the only one bf.

SparklyGothKat Sun 27-Apr-08 15:27:28

am going to clinic on friday to have him weighed before our holiday

mum2yum Sun 27-Apr-08 17:58:08

I'm going up to Manchester (my home town) for a week this Friday so prob won't be able to make it to the Friday bf session until I get bak.
Think I'll stick to the friday session then...I like how comfortable and relaxed it is and having likeminded bf mummies there is nice too
Might even give the nct session a go too when I get back!

ernieraihan Wed 08-Dec-10 17:53:19

hi there,
I'm new too..I have a 3 years old daughter and 6 months boy..new to Hatfield around 1 month, just move in from Malaysia..I went to De Havilland children centre once and I found it's a good place for kids..

ernieraihan Wed 08-Dec-10 18:13:31

want to know about quensway health clinic you're talking about..just now, we joined the storytime at hatfield library..

ernieraihan Wed 08-Dec-10 18:19:07

hello susanh,
I think you can join De Havilland children centre..there's a lot of fun activities..I'm in Chantry Court,near woods avenue..

Boostini Thu 09-Dec-10 22:48:22

Hello ernieraihan ! I live in st albans but am in Hatfield lots as parents live there. I have three yr boy and 6 month old boy. My mum is malaysian and I have lived in malaysia too ! Selamat Datang !!

ernieraihan Fri 10-Dec-10 13:44:50

Hello Boostini, good to know you..terima kasih..

jay2009 Tue 01-Mar-11 18:17:49

hi all. i am new to st albans and to the site. would love to chat. x

holmerdmummy Tue 22-Mar-11 11:34:37

Calling all Hatfield Mum's. Check out http://www.hertsdirect.org/havesay/consultation/crtcnslt/consultations/hatfieldfreeschool/

Sixty more places are needed in Hatfield for children starting school in September 2012 – a great opportunity to do something really different and open a ‘Free School’. I am one of a small group of local people who are passionate about creating a free school which is of the local community and for the community - a place where together we can help local children achieve things they perhaps never imagined.

Please take the time to visit the consultation site and express your views!

Tan3 Wed 15-Jun-11 10:00:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

DeHavilland Tue 20-Jun-17 00:18:38

Hello everyone! This my first ever post! I've been using the website for ages, getting advice on things etc so I thought time to join! smile

I'm currently in Australia (my lovely native country) and am moving back to the UK to become a secondary teacher. At the moment I teach ESL to adults in a really lovely school but have decided to study further and am drawn back to the UK.

I'm really interested in Hatfield and the University of Hertfordshire, above all, because of the fantastic commute time into central London. grin

My question is : How safe is Hatfield? I can't find a great deal on the internet and the information I have found is contradictory, for example, one blog has made Hatfield sound very dangerous indeed and another, like a quiet, rural community with lots of students. HELP! blush

Enjoy your day and thanks in advance for any help!

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now