Lost child in Verulamium Park - thanks!

(5 Posts)
youmaycallmeSSP Sat 25-Mar-17 19:03:19

I managed to lose DS this afternoon at Verulamium Park in St Albans. After failing to find him I called the police, who searched the park and brought him back in a squad car blush DS told me afterwards that he'd found a mum, like he'd been told, and that she helped him to look for me and then took him to the park warden, who handed him over to the police. Just in case she's a MNer, thankyou so much for looking after him flowers Thanks also to the family whose phone I used to call the police - sorry you were standing around for ages while they arrived! - and there was also a group of tweens/teens who helped in the search and gave DS a good talking to about staying with me in future grin

4yo DD joyfully informed me that she's going to get lost next time so that she can have a ride in a police car!

Dolphinnoises Mon 27-Mar-17 07:23:44

You poor thing! So pleased it had a happy outcome - you must have been frantic x

andwhatbecameofthemonkey Mon 27-Mar-17 13:28:05

Oh my that must have been awful!! V park is frigging huge!! How old is ds? Where was he?

youmaycallmeSSP Mon 27-Mar-17 17:54:29

Yes it wasn't my happiest hour. He's just 7 and was scooting away and back to me and DD. DD stopped to look at a couple of dogs and DS just carried on going. I couldn't find him for a good 25 minutes and when he wasn't at the car either I called the police, a bit weepy. Poor DD! DS had realised he was lost and was with the mum looking for me initially before she took him to the warden at the cafe. He told me that he was just about to have an ice cream when the police arrived smile

Once he'd got over the initial shock he was very pleased with the outcome and described riding in a police car as 'sick', which is apparently a good thing.

davidson96 Thu 30-Mar-17 15:08:34

So glad you found him! How scary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now