Kingshott School Hitchin any info please

(6 Posts)
Earhat Wed 09-Mar-16 21:06:35

Hi All,
We are looking at starting our DD in nursery next year and are keen on Kingshott school. Would love to know how they are academically and pastorally from anyone who knows? Also would like to know what the sport is like there - and any news on a permanent Headteacher. Thanks in advance if you are taking the time to answer.

Earhat Thu 10-Mar-16 22:06:48

Bump?

HitchinPie Thu 10-Mar-16 22:09:33

Saw this in my active feed. I would google the Hitchin Comet because there was a front page story on this school just the evening - and suggests the school will be going through some staffing changes.

Earhat Fri 11-Mar-16 09:05:01

Thank you Hitchin Pie - very interesting. Was wondering if there are any parents of current students who have any thoughts on the school. Hopefully they will appoint a new head soon.

momstaxi Thu 24-Mar-16 17:49:08

We have our elder DS in Middle School at KingShott. It is a very good school both academically and in sports as well, very good facilities ( they recently opened a new building), ample playing fields etc.,

My son enjoyed his time until prep, though off the late in middle school he was not that happy. Have been complaining about several things.

But of the late it has been in new for wrong reasons - had been victim of fraud, Head Master been fell out of Governors and has been removed (sacked?) with immediate effect just after the start of this half-term.

As a parent we also noticed that the standards been slipping in Middle & HIgher schools, staff attrition has been very high in the recent years. The school lost very good teachers off the late through retirements and re-location etc., but not been replaced by competent staff.

Overall It is a good school up to Yr5 & 6 and start looking else where.

Hope this helps.

HitchaLift Tue 25-Apr-17 10:50:59

I saw that Comet article while I was researching. New head is apparently Mr Seymour, looks like he's had a lot of jobs in the profession. Quite an interesting CV -
www.kingshottschool.com/172/staff

I'd be interested to hear if he's made any significant changes, and how they've gone down?

Thanks smile
H

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now