Home School - Play Dates

(5 Posts)
artemisactually Thu 31-Dec-15 00:11:37

Hi there

I've recently moved to St Albans from the States via London.
My son is 9 and is home schooled/tutored.

I'm trying to find out if there is a home school network/meetings or people who home school and are interested in play dates.

Thanks for any feedback on this

hertofdarkness Tue 05-Jan-16 00:48:32

There is a home ed section in the education section on the main talk site. It's a busy board and someone there would know this sort of thing I'm sure (if you don't get a reply here).

londonkids Tue 05-Jan-16 19:05:46

I have also recently moved to Harpenden and are looking for home schooling groups for a 5 year old girl. I will look at the home ed section. If anyone has more information for me please post or message me. Thank you.

Handsfulloflavender Thu 07-Jan-16 17:28:25

We've also just moved to St. Albans from the states, and I am planning on lightly homeschooling my children (6, 4 & 2). I would love to meet others as well!

artemisactually Wed 20-Jan-16 19:14:06

I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with those who wish.
My son is 9 - loves Lego, trains and music - originally from Nashvegas.
We could meet with the kids at a cafe.

If it works out as something people are interested in I'm happy to also have a movie afternoon or something - given it is winter. Or a park when the weather warms up.

Also he goes to group class 2 times a week at Bright Young Things - which might be worth checking out. They have a teacher and they basically swot Math and English which is pretty helpful.

He has done Spanish and Italian for a year - last year. I was thinking about approaching a tutor and seeing if they would be happy to do a group class for anyone interested.

Please feel free to message me if you want to arrange to meet.

Kind Regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now