How to entertain a 4 year old in St. Albans?

(5 Posts)
assiaio Sun 13-Dec-15 21:33:31

Hello mums,

Help please!

We have just moved to St. Albans from out of the country and I am looking for playgroups, kids' play centres, private nurseries etc. where my 4 year old can meet peers, burn some energy and enjoy himself a few days a week a few hours at a time. As we will be travelling a lot over the next few months I wouldn't enrol him anywhere permanently but would like to take him to a place (kid center, etc.) where we could go and pay for the day/session etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wigeon Sun 13-Dec-15 21:42:05

So your four year old isn't old enough to be at school in Reception? And will start school next September?

You need playgroups rather than private nurseries, which you have to pay for in advance (usually whole terms at a time) and you leave your child. There are several children's centres, which are government funded and usually very good, we'll run places (in my experience!). Here is a link to ones in St Albans - there should be one within walking distance of where you live.

This website is useful for listings of things to do with a young child in St Albans, including lists of local playgroups. St Albans is a very family friendly place, with loads going on, hope you enjoy it!

Wigeon Sun 13-Dec-15 21:49:28

This is a good list of free stuff to do with kids in and around St Albans.

Wigeon Sun 13-Dec-15 21:51:26

There are also masses of classes for pre schoolers in St Albans: music, dance, sporty stuff etc etc. This seems like a good listing:

here

tinabrown1976 Mon 14-Dec-15 11:38:18

Willows Farm Village, DJ Jungles, There are some Free play groups in St albans. There's a place in Garston next to the cinema which has a kids fun place, thats pretty good! Good luck with this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now