MOVING TO ST ALBANS!!!

(3 Posts)
AshGee Mon 16-Nov-15 11:36:52

Hi guys,
I am moving to St Albans in the next month or two with my family and need all the help I can get with this.
I've got a 7 year old so looking for good schools close by - catholic only though if we can.
What are the good areas? I'm a bit confused about places like Marshalswick, some say its nice some say its not.
Also most of the info I find are a bit dated so hoping for some current updates on the areas to avoid.
Would like a quiet area ideally as I work from home. Hubby will commute to London so the closer to the station the better.
Any help would be appreciated.

xxx

katemoss1980 Sat 21-Nov-15 12:20:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

metoomum Sat 21-Nov-15 15:18:14

There are almost no 'bad' areas in St Albans, just some more desirable than others! Its a lovely place to raise a family. Likewise the majority of primary schools are good or outstanding.
Where you live will depend on budget and housing availability. Primaries have insanely small catchments (few hundred meters).
I don't know much about catholic schools, but I hear St Adrians and SS Alban and Stephen are both good.
Marshalswick is fine, many people move there to get into very good secondaries. It's not as pretty as nearer the town center, but larger houses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now