London Road Indie Coffee Shop/Creative Space/Bar

(9 Posts)
evbang Wed 17-Jun-15 15:36:04

Hi All,

i'm looking at a site to open a proper independent coffee shop with facilities for creative desk space, gallery and evening drinks and food.

The site would be at the bottom of London Road on the corner of London Road and Alma Road.

The offering would be speciality coffee, healthy breakfasts, lunches and evening snacks and small plates.

It will be a hub for creative people to showcase work, put on events and maybe also house pop up retailers.

The evening bar would serve cocktails and food in a relaxed and chilled out environment.

The question is, would anyone actually want to go there and if so what would they expect to see or have at their disposal?

Any feedback welcome.

metoomum Wed 17-Jun-15 19:07:39

Could be great. London Rd is fast regenerating and there is the Odyssey Cinema. I'd go before a film!

evbang Wed 17-Jun-15 21:53:14

That's great to hear, thanks so much for getting to me so quickly metoomum . I think there's a few things happening that end of the road which indicate a change. The beer shop, pryme and of course the wonderful cinema. Let's hope we can get this thing going.

davidson96 Tue 30-Jun-15 00:45:08

Great idea! Lots of us freelancers would love this kind of place...especially outside of London.

newgirl Tue 07-Jul-15 21:00:07

There is very popular charlies just along from there so might be too much competition for you?

JenningsRoad Tue 07-Jul-15 21:05:41

I think it's a great spot. With the Odyssey cinema and the new 'Eversheds' development of about 80 townhouses underway it will be a really populated area soon.

At the moment there are only 2 slightly naff pubs in the vicinity. We go often to the cinema and would love somewhere nice to go for a cocktail and food.

evbang Tue 07-Jul-15 21:17:58

Thank to those who've got back to me about the London road coffee shop and bar. I'm happy that most of think it's a good idea. I know Charlie's coffee shop and it's lovely and I would obviously hope there is enough people in the area for us to both co exist. The property I'm looking at would be an evolution in what charlie is doing due to the size of the place. Desk space, gallery space, evening food and drinks etc. I think we would offer a slightly different experience. Any suggestions for what to serve, how to serve, what you like what you don't when it comes to your local would be much appreciated. I want it to cater for the local community in as many ways as possible.

newgirl Wed 08-Jul-15 17:50:08

Cocktails would be good - like mokokos but nearer!

JenningsRoad Wed 08-Jul-15 19:34:47

I agree - cocktails, fizz, nibbly plates like they do in The Snug up at the Clock Tower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now