Purwell primary school hitchin

(4 Posts)
Rainbow44 Tue 02-Dec-14 15:38:14

Hello,

I have posted about this before, but just in case anyone new with any information is about....

I just wondered if anyone has any up to date experience of this school in hitchin? It's not one of the popular ones but I have spoken to a few parents who seem to like it..anyone have any recent insight?

Thanks in advance : )

jowool01 Sat 13-Dec-14 09:56:44

Hi,
We live in purwell, just opposite the school in fact. My son who is 5 attends the school. My little girl will start nursery in September. My son also attended to nursery at purwell too. I can honestly say we absolutely love the school. The school is definitely popular as most of the classes in the past few intakes are now full. The admissions to the school have also doubled than in previous years. It really is a hidden jem. The school is nurturing and has above the national average rates for reading. The school is small in comparison to other primaries in Hitchin and has a one form entry which is not usual. It really saddens me when you read posts from snobby people who are desperate to live in the sg4 9 postcode because they don't want their child to go to purwell school. I think historically the school didn't have a good reputation as the houses in this area are ex local authority but most are now privately owned by professional working families. I love purwell. We have great neighbours and our children are happy in the school and we have made great friends since moving to the area 3 years ago from London. I hope this helps.

Rainbow44 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:05:59

It helps massively thank you so much for your insight. : )

Rainbow44 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:08:56

I have to agree about the whole sg4 9 snobbery..but..I don't think its because people want to avoid purwell school..I think it is because you are more likely to be allocated hitchin girls school. Which to my knowledge is a fantastic school..well it was in my day!

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now