The commute from Welwyn Garden City to London

(4 Posts)
purplyworply Mon 17-Nov-14 16:32:17

Hello, can anyone tell me some detail about the commute from WGC to London? Eg. how crowded are the trains? Can you get a seat at peak time? Is it a fairly reliable line? Thank you.

Gawjushun Tue 18-Nov-14 21:37:27

I lived in Welwyn a few years ago, so info might be a little out of date... Generally, yes the trains were packed by the time they got to Welwyn. It was rare to get a seat. However, it was a short journey and I found it pretty reliable. Trains were usually only a few mins late, and there were a couple of days with cancellations due to problems on the line, but that can't really be helped. So overall, not too bad!

Thesofaismyfriend Tue 18-Nov-14 21:40:29

Hi, I don't actually commute but do live in WGC so know a lot of people that do. I think that it is a fairly reliable line (as trains go). I know that some trains start here so you do get a seat - that is the one my DSis gets.

Ayana19 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:55:09

Hi we moved to WGC in aug and both my husband I commute to London every day. Commute is fine you gave 1 options: 7.55 kings x train is only 26 mins but it's usually busy so slim chance of getting a seat but quick journey! 7.46 Moorgate train always get a seat but it's 47 mins again pleasant journey. We bought a house in WGC moved from Finchley as couldn't afford a home and still go back drive is only 35 mins door to door. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now