Primary Schools in Harpenden

(3 Posts)
AlexMi Wed 12-Nov-14 13:21:59

It's that time of year and I am making applications for the first time.

Many people are of the view that all schools in Harpenden are good and you can't really find a bad one. Can I have views from those with children already in primary schools and those in the process of making applications please?

Our nearest school is Manland. Is it simply the case that you will be allocated your nearest school?

Sauncey Wood is not too far but there are mixed views on this one.

Does anyone other than those living within a few meters of the school gates get a place at Crabtree?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

ChilliFudge Wed 12-Nov-14 15:47:05

Depends on the intake but mostly it's your closest school. Manland is generally well thought of, Saucey Wood has improved enormously. Crabtree has a reputation for being very competitive among the dcs and the parents which might suit you and your dc. Go have a look around and get a feel for which you like best....I'm a great believer in gut feel for choosing a primary, you want the school to feel right for your child.

MACUGO Tue 18-Nov-14 12:21:44

Hi,

We are making an application for Reception Sept. 2015 in Harpenden as well.
We would like to rank Roundwood and Wood End, but before applying, we would like to know about siblings this year.
Does anybody know if there is many of them this year in both schools?
Thanks a lot¡

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now