Fleetville

(4 Posts)
yellow1helen Sun 23-Mar-14 14:08:08

We hoping to move to St Albans in the next few months. We have been looking at Fleetville as it is still near the station but houses seem slightly cheaper and larger than nearer town. When we have talked to family/friends about the area opinions seem to be mixed and I'm now confused about whether it is a good area to move to with a young family.

Any thoughts from those of you who live in/near the area would be very appreciated

ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Mon 24-Mar-14 20:56:18

Nothing wrong with Fleetville, you've got a nice park (Clarence) and an easy walk to town and the station, and great schools (depending on where you are exactly there's Fleetville itself or St Alban and St Stephen or Oakwood). Plus the secondaries.

I live a bit further north of Fleetville but am regularly round there to go to Morrisons etc. The only drawback I can think of is the traffic along Hatfield Road at peak times, but that's true of any of the main routes into St Albans. I've lived here for 20 years and never seen any trouble in Fleetville or felt unsafe.

newgirl Wed 26-Mar-14 18:33:52

The roads in fleetville vary quite a bit so have a good wander around. Very busy at school rush hour. Fab schools both primary and secondary. Not far from town centre either really.

allagory Thu 27-Mar-14 23:00:38

Love it here. Mainly young families. In addition to the things mentioned above you will find quite a few playgroups, the Alban Way (no traffic walk /along old railway line), Fleetville rec (playground). You have Santinos for a nice cappuccino or the beech tree for Moroccan mint tea.

Hatfield road is not very inspiring - too many scruffy shops so it would be easy to get the wrong impression driving through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now