Higher level Jazz Sax instructor needed

(5 Posts)
JustADadHere Thu 20-Mar-14 19:24:31

Hi all

My son (13) is going for his grade 6 Trinity Guildhall Jazz alto sax. His current tutor is good but far too flakey for us to continue. Can anyone recommend someone who can do home lessons? We are in Radlett, but will be moving to St Albans...

Thanks!

prettytired Fri 21-Mar-14 10:06:25

I would go to Musicale in Harpenden as your first stop and tell them what type of teacher you want - www.musicale.co.uk/index.php

Also, have a look at the lists of peripatetic music teachers on the websites of local prep schools. You should be able to get some contact details for them from google.

If you don't get anywhere, PM me, I have a contact for a superb teacher, she's not sax but I'm sure she'll have some contacts for local sax teachers.

Also, any reason why he's doing Trinity Guildhall rather than ABRSM?

prettytired Fri 21-Mar-14 10:08:15

Oh, you could also have a look at Herts Music Service too: www.hertsmusicservice.org.uk

JustADadHere Sat 22-Mar-14 20:11:30

Thanks for the feedback. Google is proving tough - I am finding lots of Watford tutors and not many St Albans...

He did ABRSM until grade 5. His strength is improvisation rather than scales, which ABRSM is heavy on.

prettytired Sat 22-Mar-14 23:25:04

Here's one with an AL5 postcode that sounds promising:

www.musicteachers.co.uk/teacher/dddebf3cca3cd26aca26

You could also google all the music shops in St.A and call them/go in and ask them for their recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now