Where to live in Watford?

(4 Posts)
Eastcoat Tue 11-Mar-14 11:07:47

Next year two of our four children will be at school in Watford and we are considering moving in that direction permanently. We are in no hurry as we won't have to move for another 4 years but I was wondering whether anyone can give me any idea about the various areas so we can keep an eye out.
We don't have to live right next door to the Grammar schools but would like to live somewhere where it wasn't too hard for the kids to get to school. Right now they have a 45 minute commute, so 30 mins or less would be ideal. My DH has to travel into Bond Street to work, so needs to be within walking distance of the tube.
I work from home but would like to be within walking distance of at least a few shops.
Any ideas?

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 13-Mar-14 22:15:55

Croxley Green is lovely. Or a house on the Cassio Metro - next door to boys grammar, or the Cassiobury x

WhatWouldGrandmaDo Fri 14-Mar-14 14:36:39

bear in mind the tube station in Watford is closing down and the line being rerouted. It's also a terribly slow line tbh, if I was doing that commute from here I'd go for Watford Junction to Euston then down to Oxford St on the Victoria line. Which may shift your search area.

Noappointmentnecessary Sat 05-Apr-14 22:23:26

The met line may be closing but the other proposed station with a faster link into London is just a 10 min walk away. Not sure why people get their knickers in a twist over the met line closing??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now