Hertford

(5 Posts)
Newtoddlermum1 Thu 30-Jan-14 14:59:34

Hello ladies
We are thinking of moving to Hertford from North London soon and have seen a house we like. We have a little boy age 20 months. I am keen to know from you guys whether you would recommend the move. We love being in the countryside but would be commuting to work most days. We also like the idea of living in a small but lively community and playing our part in that. I plan to go back to work part time in summer but if all goes to plan, would like to go on mat leave again in a year or so's time.
Many thanks!

Mony10 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:40:17

You've probably already decided on the house, but thought I'd reply anyways. We moved to Hertford from St Albans just over a year ago. The train journey is slightly longer, but I always get a seat in the morning from Hertford North as opposed to the massively crammed trains that came to St Albans each morning. If you are working anything less than 5 days a week, buy carnet tickets that you use as and when you need them. Shopping is a little limited, but the high street has loads of independent shops and several great restaurants.

horokania Sun 23-Feb-14 23:53:46

We just moved here from SW London a week ago! I'll be doing the commute into London once my maternity leave finishes so it's reassuring to hear that you can usually get a seat :-) We're still very new and adjusting to the area but have to say my little boy (10 months) seems so much happier to be away from all the noise and pollution of where we used to live. Moving here definitely seems to have been the right thing to do as far as he is concerned. As for my shopping needs, I guess online shopping will be the way forward!

Azzurro Mon 24-Feb-14 12:39:25

What areas should one avoid in Hertford? Any very bad school to stay away from? Hope question helps OP too, sorry for hijacking the thread. Thanks

Newtoddlermum1 Thu 20-Mar-14 18:49:48

Thanks ladies. The house purchase fell through :-( but we are still on the lookout. If anyone has an answer to azzurro's question that would be fab too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now