Can anyone recommend a good primary school?

(6 Posts)
amatia Wed 27-Nov-13 23:54:27

My husband works in Hatfield and we are about to move there or close to Hatfield. Can anyone recommend a good primary school near Hatfield? We also think of Welwyn Garden City, St Albans or Potters Bar.

BellesAndWhistles Thu 28-Nov-13 19:20:25

Historically The Ryde is supposed to be very good.

I have just moved (back) to Hatfield with my 2.11 year old, I spoke to a family friend who is a primary teacher and she said that she rates Countess Anne very highly as well. I haven't checked iut any Ofsted reports yet though smile

amatia Thu 28-Nov-13 22:31:11

The Ryde in previous inspection was Outstanding but according to the latest Ofsted report Requires improvements. What about Green Lanes Primary School and Howe Dell Primary School. I have heard that are both very good.

Wgcmummyof2 Thu 05-Dec-13 19:26:08

I love Welwyn garden as a place to live its easy to get to St. Albans and Hatfield and the primary schools are really good too!

Sweetmum1 Thu 11-Jun-15 23:27:15

Hi wgcmummyof2 i am moving to wgc very soon .... Hav a 3 yr old.which primaries sre good? Which ones offer afterschool clubs?

Maureenhollington Wed 05-Aug-15 19:20:37

Templewood and Applecroft primary schools are always well sought after. They don't offer after school clubs but plenty of childminders. I childminder from Templewood

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now