Baby Clothes

(12 Posts)
Angnjosh Wed 17-Aug-11 15:34:35

Becoming a new Mum made me realise how many clothes our little ones go through and how so often they are barely worn.
I'd like to set up a Market Stall to bring new life into pre-loved high quality baby clothes.

I'd like to get some feedback to make a success of it...

would you visit a used baby clothes stall?
what would you be prepared to pay for 1x Skirt or Jeans for example?
would you sell your items to the stall?

Brands would include, The Little White Company, Joules, Baby Gap, La Redoute, Pumpkin Patch, Timberland, Next M&S and many more.

foolserrand Wed 17-Aug-11 16:06:21

Nct do sales like this already, but they sell everything. I know many people who would buy them. With eBay and such available online, it may not be particularly lucrative.

I tend to donate most of ds' old clothes to friends and family but were they not needed, I would donate.

Polishes halo.

Sorry if this is very pessimistic.

Angnjosh Wed 17-Aug-11 17:02:49

Thanks,

all feedback is valuable! I may only know by giving it a go & seeing the interest???

foolserrand Wed 17-Aug-11 17:32:25

Definitely try! I know many in the area about to jump into parenthood so would be happy to point them in your direction when you are ready.

Angnjosh Wed 17-Aug-11 17:49:56

This weekend - no time like the presant.

foolserrand Wed 17-Aug-11 17:56:55

Good luck! If you let me know where I will spread the word.

Angnjosh Wed 17-Aug-11 18:02:28

St Albans Market. don't get a stall until the day so not sure on the actual location.
9am - 4pm

This is a draft for publicity:-
Little Monkeys is a new stall at St Albans Market selling Baby Clothes.

Becoming a new Mum made me realise how many clothes our little ones go through and how so often they are barely worn. With the Little Monkeys Market Stall I hope to bring new life into pre-loved baby clothes, high quality and some which have never even been worn. Brands include, The Little White Company, Joules, Baby Gap, La Redoute, Pumpkin Patch, Timberland, Next M&S and many more.
Visit my stall for the grand opening on 20th August, St Albans Market.

chuckeyegg Thu 18-Aug-11 01:54:53

Good luck, up to what age will the clothes be?

Angnjosh Thu 18-Aug-11 16:02:01

Currently up to the age of 2
If it goes well this weekend then I'll look to increase the stock to include up to the age of 5.

chuckeyegg Thu 18-Aug-11 16:17:33

I think you might find the clothes for older children are popular. You get a lot of young baby clothes when they are born but people stop buying them as they get older.

Angnjosh Thu 18-Aug-11 16:34:24

thanks, I'll be asking people at the stall for feedback too - might pop a quick questionare together?

lawstudentmum Sat 20-Aug-11 00:19:18

Hello

Have you tried the site - www.hertfordshire.educationrecycle.net - It is Free to use as it is a newish site but is growing everyday. They give you a platform to sell all you baby clothes and also growing up into primary aged up to University.

The items are educational - but we welcome adverts of clothes as it helps out local families, which is the whole point of the social site. There are no fees etc - and it gets passed into your local community.

Try it !

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now