New mums in Hertford

(16 Posts)
Pebble81 Wed 29-Jun-11 20:40:02

Hello All,

In mid-October my husband and I will be having our first child and we are very excited! ( and a little scared!)

I'm at that stage where I have approx 11 weeks left at work and thereafter I do not have a clue what I will be doing, bar the obvious!!

I dont know whether there are already mums meetings in Hertford but if not, I would like to start one with any new mums who want to meet others locally for some hopeful normality, if possible accompanied by good chat, tea and cake! Once the breastfeeding is over, the tea and cake are, I hope to be substituted for crisps and vino! Oh it's been so long!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Kelly

JennieSJ Fri 01-Jul-11 14:05:58

Hello,

I'm not due til Jan - but would be interested in helping arrnage a group - great idea!

Pebble81 Fri 01-Jul-11 18:48:16

Hey Jennie,

Excellent! Let's see what other interest we get and I'll be in touch in due course. Hope you're well and enjoying pregnancy to date?! I'm guessing from your due date that you're about 12 weeks? Does that mean you've had your scan and have had the excitement of telling everyone?

Have a good weekend! Xx

titch2000 Fri 15-Jul-11 19:57:46

Hi guys my name is Amy and i have got a 15 week old little girl and i live in Hertford

Christobel51 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:52:39

Hi, I'm Christine and have recently moved to Ware and would be interested in meeting up with other Mum's and Mum's to be.I have an 8 week old daughter called Elizabeth.

sugarsweet76 Sun 31-Jul-11 12:54:09

Hi ladies,

I too would be interested in a meetup....I live in Broxbourne, and have an 8 month old son.

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather xx

Aryna Sat 24-Sep-11 08:12:00

Hi, I am Irina and i live in Hertford . I have no friends around and i would really like to meet some other mothers in the area.
My daughter is 11 months old.

kkey21 Tue 27-Sep-11 13:14:43

Hi Irina, there are a few really nice playgroups around Hertford, depending where abouts you are? Surestart offer one at The Pinehurst Community Centre on a Monday 1-2.30pm and it's fab! Just 50p per family and very popular!
I used to attend a few others too, but some have waiting lists.

I'd be interested in a Mumnset Meetup!

glitternanny Sat 01-Oct-11 07:16:09

I'm due in 7 weeks and live in Hoddesdon, this is my first.... tho also my "profession" (I'm a nanny).

x

clouds21 Thu 06-Oct-11 13:23:24

Hello everyone,
I'm nearly thirteen weeks and recently moved to Ware, and would love some local advice on dealing with Princess Alexandra hospital and a potential amniocentesis. Has anyone had any experience? To be honest, the past two weeks have been a bit chaotic, the NHS just don't communicate with one another (or me...), am feeling let down by the system. Had my scan on Tuesday and the practitioner didn't fill me with confidence..., so having an amnio there now terrifies me! Anyone able to recommend a specific person? This is my first ever post, so apologies if this is not the right forum but it's local knowledge I'm looking for not general advice. Hope you're all doing well! cx

Nataliem941 Mon 02-Apr-12 16:54:04

Hi everyone! I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you all meet up? I have a 21week old little girl and would like to meet some mums.

NoCarbsBeforeBarbs Thu 05-Apr-12 11:17:09

Hi Nataliem941

I run a lovely baby class and in my group i currently have local mums with babies aged 11wks, 13wks and 6wks. We will hopefully have a few more by the time we start back Friday 20th April.

Its called Lazy Daisy and is based around Massage.

I am local too but my babies are 3 and 6!

my email is keeley@lazydaisybirthing.co.uk

NoCarbsBeforeBarbs Mon 10-Sep-12 13:33:37

I am also starting Active Birthing classes in Hertford in November, still some spaces available if anyone was interested?

Great way to meet Mums-to-be :-)

lagopede Fri 21-Sep-12 17:05:24

Hi
What is active birthing??

lagopede Fri 21-Sep-12 17:07:01

Hi Jennie
I have just moved to Ware and am also due in January. I am doing NCT classes in in December - are you?

NoCarbsBeforeBarbs Sat 22-Sep-12 01:10:14

Hi Lagopede

Lazy Daisy is a movement based antenatal class with education also, inspiration from yoga and to help focus on the breathing therefore helping towards an easier birth. For All Birth journeys. Main features are a nice relaxation also with self hypnosis.

Please do email me for more info-a very good trial price of just £40 for the block of 5/6 sessions.

I am a Hertford Mum too-but my babies are growing so fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now