Goldsmith Way in St Albans?

(4 Posts)
Eleanor22 Wed 29-Jun-11 20:21:48

Hi- looking at renting one of those modern terraced townhouses in Goldsmith way and wondered if anyone knows how they are to live in? Is it a nice place to live? How are the houses for noise? We have two kids, are there many families around? I like the look of it but have no idea if we'd be able to hear everything from the neighbours or if they are solidly built....any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Eleanor

edoli Wed 29-Jun-11 20:37:29

I have a couple of friends who live there and they seem to like it. There do seem to be plenty of families and it's a nice area.

Some of the house layouts can be a bit unhelpful with kids (first floor kitchen with no view of the garden, so difficult to let them play while you make tea etc). But good to have parking, quite close to town and people from there go to Garden Fields which is a good primary school.

Eleanor22 Thu 30-Jun-11 19:33:41

Thanks for the thoughts. It seems like a nice area and the size of the house is amazing. Getting into a school was a whole different nightmare which we found out on admissions day.......

pawsnclaws Fri 01-Jul-11 07:19:00

They're nice houses, very handy for the town. BUT - have you sorted out your schools? I know three people who lived in Newmarket Court who applied for primaries at the same time - one got Aboyne Lodge, one got Margaret Wix, one got Garden Fields. They all had the same preferences in the same order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now