new to area

(7 Posts)
heffreyhavies Wed 08-Jun-11 13:41:35

I am moving to st albans soon and have a 3 year old daughter who is due to start school in September. My wife and I are both doctors working full time in London and will need someone to help look after our daughter perhaps before and definitely after school. I am not sure what the best thing to do would be; we certainly can't afford a fulltime Nanny, nor would we need one if our daughter spends most of the day at school. Anybody got any bright ideas?

going Wed 08-Jun-11 13:47:08

A childminder may be your best option. There are bound to be some who already drop off/pick up at your dd's school.

BellaBearisWideAwake Wed 08-Jun-11 13:47:16

childminder. contact young in herts family information service and they can give you a list of CMs who do pickup/dropoff at her school

BellaBearisWideAwake Wed 08-Jun-11 13:48:28

oh god i love it

BellaBearisWideAwake Wed 08-Jun-11 13:49:50

Whoops wrong thread!

JLo2 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:33:39

There are also a number of breakfast club and after school clubs attached to most of the schools in St Albans now which would be worth looking at, obviously depends what school she is going to, to which one it would be. The school would be able to tell you. They run every day before and after school usually until about 6pm.

redcarpet Wed 06-Jul-11 23:18:37

Not quite sure about after school clubs. I feel personally they are not quite as warm and might be a little bit too much for a 3 year old.

Also they would have been worked at school all day and likely to be extremely tired.

Therefore agree child minding might be a better option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now