Redbourn vs Codicote

(5 Posts)
Natashik Wed 08-Jun-11 12:35:18

Hi
We are having a hard time to decide whether to relocate to Codicote or Redbourn... Our daughter's school is located at Wheathampsted. So in both cases we will have to commute to/from school.
Both villages seem to be quiet.
But is there any difference in terms of being more family friendly, having better transportation links, or better community life?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

NKfe1272cX1158161fcc2 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:42:56

We live in Redbourn, and my eldest daughter is at school in Wheathampstead. The journey in the mornings is fine; 15 mins max allowing for traffic. We're really happy here - there are good toddler groups for our littlest one and the kids love walks to the Common etc. Don't really know much about Codicote to compare!

Natashik Thu 09-Jun-11 19:38:17

Thank you smile
I feel reassured, because we liked the house in Codicote, but liked the atmosphere in Redbourn. It feels warmer there. It is a choice between a house and a community feeling.
Our daughter starts at Wheathampstead House in September. What school does yours go to?

NKfe1272cX1158161fcc2 Sun 12-Jun-11 13:35:17

My daughter is in year one at Wheathampstead House - it is a lovely, lovely school and she is very happy there! Hope your little one enjoys it too!

Natashik Fri 17-Jun-11 11:32:44

Thanks.
We went to an induction meeting last Wednesday. The school and the teachers seem great!
I am quite confused with all the uniform though...

We are moving to Redbourn, as we love the village smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now