Baby activities in Hitchin

(5 Posts)
Louise4575 Sat 28-May-11 20:23:06

My SIL lives in Hitchin and has a DS who is 5 months old. She doesn't know anyone else there with children and is not managing to get out. I am worried that she is becoming a bit depressed. I live in Leeds and do not know Hitchin at all but was wondering if anyone has any ideas of places she could go. She lives fairly near the train station in Hitchin and doesn't drive so needs things local to where she lives. Thanks.

ismaithliomcacamilis Thu 02-Jun-11 21:49:16

Hi there,
My name is Claire. Ive just moved to Hitchin in the last 4 weeks. Am just discovering the town and things to do. I have a 2 and a half yr boy and at the moment I'm a SAHM. You sound like a lovely SIL! Totally understand your SIL's position. I had PND when my lad was small- didnt realise it at the time. Found it very hard to get out and about. Its totally different to when your commuting and working and only in your town in the evening to eat out to suddenly being at home daytime and realising you know no one who isnt working! So far we have been swimming, to a great toy library, a kids playcentre, the library and met up with a mums group through this website. I walk into town several times a week, past the train station and I would be delighted to met up with your SIL if she wants and check out a few places together. No new mammy should be indoors by herself all week. sad
My e mail is claireannkelly@gmail.com if she wants to mail me direct and arrange to meet up for a coffee and get her on the path to coping with her new life as a mummy!
Cx

Louise4575 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:50:29

Thanks - that's great. I'll pass that on to her.

AlisyasMummy Tue 30-Aug-11 09:41:01

Hi, I live in Hitchin, moved here last October. My daughter is 7 months now. There is not much to do specifically for babies. There is only one group I have found.. it is at York Road Childrens Centre on Wednesday mornings from 10am-11.30am. Its a lovely little group, very relaxed and free.
I don't know many people here myself. If your SIL would like to get in contact with me, maybe meet up or go to groups together, my e-mail is vicky.l.g.l@hotmail.com

Mummylovestocook Mon 19-Sep-11 16:00:35

Hi there Ladies,

I saw your post and thought I would say Hello - as hubby / DD and I are about to move to Letchworth from London. I am finding the whole idea very scary as we don't know anyone in the area - apart from my Husband's parents who are in a village near Hitchin. Anyway, we are staying in a flat in Letchworth until we find something more suitable.

Our DD is 16 months. Sadly, our London group of Mummies have all gone back to work so it's been a bit lonely these past few months. I am hoping there are more SAHM in the Country to hang out with! ;-)

I wondered if you had any ideas on what to do with a Toddler in and around Hitchin or Letchworth. I can't find much to do in Letchworth seems that Hitchin is far more popular for young families but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now