childminder with places available

(15 Posts)
PaulaMummyKnowsBest Tue 12-Oct-10 12:09:33

I am in the final stages of becoming an ofsted registered childminder.

I have fulltime and part time places available across all age ranges.

My own chidren are (dd)almost 12 and at secondary school, (DS1) almost 10 and (DS2) 6.

Pick up and drop offs for Prae Wood are available.

Hours will be 8am - 6pm (Mon - Fri) but these can be flexible and I will be registering for overnight care

I am going to be taking on children in January but am happy to start booking families in so that the children can start in the new year

I have extensive experience having been a nanny for most of my working life. More recently, most of my work has been as a doula and night nanny so predominately maternity based.

lisbapalea Wed 01-Dec-10 20:12:32

Hi Paula,
I could be ineterested in your service as I go back to work in Feb 2011 - can you let me know where in St Albans you are? We are very central and I am ideally looking for someone who is within walking distance of our house and the City station.
Thanks,
Lisa

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 02-Dec-10 11:51:55

Hi

We are near waitrose (south St Albans). If you are in town, you could walk through Verulam park to get to us. We are closer to the Abbey station though so may be too far for you.

HollyCorbett Wed 16-Feb-11 13:37:21

Hi I have recently moved to St Albans and have a little boy aged 7months. I am due to go back to work in July but can't get him into nursery until mid August! Would be really grateful for any bright ideas. Would a childminder look after a 1 year old? How much do they cost and how do you go about finding one? Would they be happy to do a month and a half while we wait for nursery to take him? Thank you!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 31-Mar-11 18:22:44

Hi Holly

Most childminders will look after a 1 year old but you may struggle to find someone as it is only for a very short time.

Have you tried looking on childcare.co.uk?

Childminders near me seem to charge £5 - £7 per hour.

For a full day, I charge £6 per hour for a fully inclusive service and at the moment I do have a space for a child over 12 months old. Have you managed to find childcare yet?

BethB35 Fri 01-Apr-11 16:59:06

Hi Paula

Just wondering whether you have any spaces for drop offs to Killigrew?

Thanks

Beth

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Sat 02-Apr-11 12:08:47

Hi

I am really sorry but I don't do Killigrew.

Trying to get to 2 diferent schools in the morning (on time) would be too difficult

joanne74 Tue 14-Jun-11 13:01:38

Hi Paula, have you any vacancies for September 2011? Pick up from Prae Wood. I'll give you more info if you have vacancies and get in touch.

Thank you!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Wed 15-Jun-11 14:24:27

I currently have 1 space for a child 0 - 5 years
3 spaces for children yr 1 - yr 3 (aged 5 - 8)

I do school runs to and from Prae Wood Primary.

kiwi19 Wed 27-Jul-11 20:49:16

Hi, I am looking for a school pick up for my son who is starting reception sept 2011 at Bernards Heath Infant on Thurs/Fridays, and to look after him until 6:15/6:30pm.

The only catch is there is a slight chance he will get a spot at Garden Fields JMI this year as we are first on the waiting list, I would like to find someone who could pick up from either in case this happens, I wouldn't like to have to change childminders if I can avoid it.

I am keen to line something up asap so please send me a message asap to discuss. Thanks, lisa

RJSmith Tue 13-Sep-11 18:57:40

Hi Paula
My son has just started Prae Wood and we need a childminder for 4 days a week after school.

Please can you ring me 07585447649 or email me rach.j.smith@hotmail.co.uk if you have any availability from the 26th of September 2011

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 15-Sep-11 20:48:25

Hi RJSmith, I have sent you an email.

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Tue 11-Oct-11 22:41:41

My Husband (who is also a registered childminder), is now doing school runs to St Adrians Catholic Primary School.

We both received "good" grades from our ofsted inspection and have places available now across all of the age groups.

MODA73 Mon 17-Oct-11 10:56:12

Hi Paula

Do you do school pick-ups from St Columbas school on King Harry Lane?

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Tue 18-Oct-11 12:25:10

sorry but I can only manage one school run so am unable to collect from St Columbas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now