Area info buying a house hornchurch

(8 Posts)
Sabss7 Thu 28-May-15 00:23:09

We are house hunting and wanted mumsnet's opinion off the avenue in Hornchurch?
I don't know the area at all, what is it like and what about primary schools.
I have been told to steer clear of Elm Park and south Hornchurch..

Honest practical feedback appreciated..

Thanks,
Sally

LocalEditorHavering Wed 03-Jun-15 11:13:47

Hello Sally,

I have posted on Facebook and Twitter to encourage feedback for you! Good luck with your search and potential move!

Minesacoffeethanks Sun 07-Jun-15 21:53:00

The Avenue is ok. Within walking distance of the town centre but just far enough away to be reasonably quiet. One end of the road comes out by the park, with the sports centre etc. Shopping is not great, though there is a fair sized Saintsbury in town. Other major supermarkets are all located within a couple of miles. Lots of eating places in the town. Decent library, also Romford a bus ride or Lakeside bus/drive away. Good choice of transport links into London or out towards Essex. How old are your dcs? There are a few schools within both walking distance or a short drive away.

irehs Mon 24-Aug-15 13:51:20

Hi,

No advice I am afraid.

I am in the same boat and we are looking to buy in the area, but don't know much about it.

How far along with the move are you. Have you found out any more about the area?

Clickncollect Thu 05-Oct-17 23:05:35

Although I've been on mumsnet for a couple of years, I've just discovered Mumsnet Local and saw this old post from 2015. I actually live on The Avenue and have been here for 6 years now. Did you end up moving here?

Vanillamanilla1 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:07:55

Stay away from Elm Park ?? I lived here for 6 years and it's absolutely fine

Sensitivesole Sat 21-Oct-17 20:23:38

Wonder what's wrong with Elm Park or south Hornchurch ? Lived here all my life 🤔

BasinHaircut Sat 04-Nov-17 09:04:56

I know this is a zombie thread but just joining in!

Elm Park and south Hornchurch are less desirable and therefore lower prices, but IMO nothing wrong with the areas, its just the general consensus.

I live on the ‘better’ or more expensive side of Hornchurch but if it wasn’t for DH being a bit of a snob I’d have happily lived in Elm Park, in a much bigger house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now