Save Bob Lawrence Library

(2 Posts)
Saveboblawrencelibrary Sun 07-Dec-14 01:20:58

I am extremely disappointed to hear that the Bob Lawrence Library is marked for closure by council due to cost savings.

Please help me save the library as it provides:
1. A resource for education
2. A venue for socializing
3. A community & cultural building institution
4. A low cost and convenient channel to gain access to books, computer resources and entertainment facilities.

This is the only library in the area that offers 3 Rhyme Time sessions a week. These are extremely popular and attracts between 20 - 30 children per session.

As a parent, this is a convenient location for me to meet and socialize with other parents. Most of the nurseries in the areas are only able to enroll children of minimum age group of 2 years and above making this an amazing means of engaging children under 2 in a fun and social setting.

I spoke to a number of nurseries in the area and they are keen to keep the library as they use the services for kids.

The council is organizing a clinic to discuss the planned closure at the library on Thursday, 11 dec between 6 and 8:30pm. Please show your support for the library by attending the clinic.

I have also set up a Facebook page www.facebook.com/boblawrencelibrary. Please post your comments and testimonials there so that I can share this with the council to support keeping the library.

Please email your support to saveboblawrencelibrary@gmail.com.

Help me save this library!

Saveboblawrencelibrary Sun 07-Dec-14 02:21:42

I have set up an e-petition as well. Please show your support by signing.

E-petition: https://www.change.org/p/harrow-council-save-the-bob-lawrence-library

Email: saveboblawrencelibrary@gmail.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/boblawrencelibrary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now