Save Harrow's children's centres

(4 Posts)
Luckyjune2013 Mon 27-Oct-14 15:57:22

Please take a minute to sign our petition to save Harrow's Children's Centres - 15 out of 16 centres could be closed which would leave local families without vital support and information
https://www.change.org/p/harrow-council-save-harrow-s-children-s-centres?recruiter=170720684&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive

LocalEditorHarrow Mon 27-Oct-14 21:30:19

Hello from your Harrow Editor. Do feel free to post on our Facebook page too.

On Sundays at 8pm we host #harrowhour on Twitter where we talk about local issues and promote Harrow businesses. It would be great to see you there. More info here

Saveboblawrencelibrary Sun 07-Dec-14 01:12:09

I am extremely disappointed to hear that the Bob Lawrence Library is marked for closure by council due to cost savings.

Please help me save the library as it provides:
1. A resource for education
2. A venue for socializing
3. A community & cultural building institution
4. A low cost and convenient channel to gain access to books, computer resources and entertainment facilities.

This is the only library in the area that offers 3 Rhyme Time sessions a week. These are extremely popular and attracts between 20 - 30 children per session.

As a parent, this is a convenient location for me to meet and socialize with other parents. Most of the nurseries in the areas are only able to enroll children of minimum age group of 2 years and above making this an amazing means of engaging children under 2 in a fun and social setting.

I spoke to a number of nurseries in the area and they are keen to keep the library as they use the services for kids.

The council is organizing a clinic to discuss the planned closure at the library on Thursday, 11 dec between 6 and 8:30pm. Please show your support for the library by attending the clinic.

I have also set up a Facebook page www.facebook.com/boblawrencelibrary. Please post your comments and testimonials there so that I can share this with the council to support keeping the library.

Please email your support to saveboblawrencelibrary@gmail.com.

Help me save this library!

HarrowCouncil Thu 11-Dec-14 09:40:07

Have your say on the future options for Harrow's Children's Centres in our public consultation, open until 5pm on Sunday 4th January 2015.

For more information and our online survey, please visit www.harrow.gov.uk/ccconsultation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now