things to do - help!

(4 Posts)
Daleygirl Tue 25-Aug-09 11:31:59

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could recommend something to do this afternoon with a bored easily 10 month old?hmm Classes such as swimming and singing are all term time and there doesn't seem to be much on! Also I am in Tottenham so Crouch End/Muswell Hill are a bit trickier to get to without a car, so anything around Tottenham would be great!

Cheers guys,

DG

elkiedee Wed 26-Aug-09 09:57:24

Hi Daleygirl

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I'm in Tottenham too. A lot of things have been on still for at least part of the holidays. Hope you found something to do.

A friend and I are going to a drop in play session at Finsbury Park this afternoon with children aged 2.5, 13 months (hers) and 6.5 months (mine) - it's at the Finsbury Park station/Seven Sisters Road end of the park in the Jamboree play huts. It's apparently on from 10.30-12 and 1-2.30 every day. In better weather than this morning (or yesterday afternoon) they have a good playground and ducks though that might suit your child better later. They've also got a really big baby and toddler friendly cafe. If you still need something to do today, perhaps you could come and join us. Otherwise, I know of various groups that are on in Tottenham or within a shorter distance by bus/foot than Crouch End and Muswell Hill, some starting at the end of next week.

Daleygirl Wed 26-Aug-09 19:52:31

Thanks for your reply, ending up going to Bruce Castle Park with my MIL, more out of desperation than anything else! Finsbury park sounds cool, may have to check it out one of these days. Got stuff to do tomorrow and friday and hopefully next week things will be back to normal and I know of a few play sessions that will start back up next week so all will be well, she just has so much energy and had run out of ways to burn it off and we were both going mad stuck indoors!
x

elkiedee Wed 26-Aug-09 20:06:18

Jamboree is now on holiday until 7 September too, apparently. My friend and I didn't meet up until later as she had to do other stuff, and I went to have a look at Jamboree to discover it had closed at 12.30 today.

How was Bruce Castle Park? I've heard nice things about it, once lived very close but that was more than 12 years ago, and never visited.

Some stuff starts next week but I think a lot doesn't get back to normal until 7 September - we're going away for a week to my mum's partly for that reason, as I was scared of a week with a 2 year old and a 6 month old on my own and with most activities I know of still closed.

I've found being stuck indoors all day is never a good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now