Football group for an inexperienced 5 year old

(4 Posts)
nickyre Thu 20-Aug-09 19:55:40

Hi there

I'm very new to the area and am looking for a football group on Saturdays or Sundays around the Highgate/Muswell Hill/Hampstead areas for my 5 year old son.

He has no experience but plenty of enthusiasm, and frankly I need him to get out of the house and burn of some of that energy!

Thanks

Nicky

elkiedee Sun 23-Aug-09 19:17:43

Not direct knowledge/experience but try looking up Hornsey YMCA/the Harringay Club - I've met someone whose 6 year old son was doing football there - he's recently been talented spotted by a scout from a professional club. Not quite in the area you described but really not that far from Muswell Hill.

wobbegong Sat 29-Aug-09 20:20:31

Welcome to the area Nicky.

little kickers

Any good to you? Look like he would be a Mega Kicker!

polkettle Thu 03-Sep-09 21:29:33

I can thoroughly recommend 'Active kids' at Fortismere school on saturday mornings (plus holiday courses). Not just football tho'- they have a broadbased approach which aims to develop all sport skills...They do have a purely football branch called 'Active Kick' but that's for 7 pluses. their website ia activekids.biz I think. I've also heard good things of Total Football Academy in crouch End but not entirely sure where they're based.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now