GP in Crouch End?

(8 Posts)
MissTea Thu 02-Apr-09 11:10:12

Hello

I'm new to the area and wondering if anyone can recommend a good local GP. I am due to have my first baby in a few weeks time so I need a clinic that is mum-and-baby-friendly and will be good for kids too...

Any advice much appreciated!

Thank you.

MissTea Tue 07-Apr-09 12:39:14

Anyone...?

PrioryParkChick Tue 21-Apr-09 21:22:02

Sorry this is such a late reply. I am at Crouch End Health Centre in Middle Lane - 020 8340 3295 - and both my dd and I have had excellent care there. Easy to get appointments, most of the reception staff are very friendly and the health visitors are currently located there too. However, you don't get to see your doctor every time so don't build strong GP - patient relationship, but that isn't something that bothers me - all three have been excellent on the one occasion they have each seen my dd. Hope this helps, although guess you have probably sorted a doctor out by now. Good luck.

samundo Thu 23-Apr-09 16:18:27

Hi there,
Just to mention I also go to Crouch End Health Centre in Middle Lane, and so far they had been great.

oopsagain Fri 24-Apr-09 10:38:15

I have been going there for the last 12 yrs.
The receptionists are fab, really lovely and very helpful.

And a couple of the docs are great- but there's one that isn't so patients friendly- good doctor I thnk, just not so easy going.

MissTea Thu 30-Apr-09 14:41:35

Thanks everyone!

Still haven't sorted out a GP and really need to as I'm due in less than a week, so I really appreciate your comments!

From looking around, it seems like the main ones are The Clock Tower Medical Centre and The Queenswood Practice (which seem to be in the same building - dark green front) on Park Road, and the Crouch End Health Centre on Middle Lane.

Sounds like the Crouch End Health Centre gets the thumbs up. What about the other one? Does anyone go to the The Clock Tower Medical Centre / Queenswood Practice one?

Oopsagain, do you know what the name of the not-so-friendly doctor is by any chance? Sounds like one to avoid!

All comments and opinions gratefully received!

Many thanks

lovebeingmum Sun 10-May-09 22:35:58

DR Young in Allinson Surgery , Weston Park is fab! Great with my 1 yr old and never makes you feel like you're wasting her time.

SkaterGrrrrl Fri 10-Jul-09 15:42:12

I have the same GP as lovebeingamum and agree she is fab!

I went to Middle Lane Clinic for many years and it was nice enough to go and get the pill for free, although you do have to wait for family planning in a room of giggly teenagers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now