Calling all new (older) mum's in Crouch End

(11 Posts)
fistiki Mon 16-Feb-09 23:27:46

It'd be great to meet other Mums in Crouch End who have a Newborn as a second career!!

I'm 44 and have a 8 week old daughter. Having suspended a successful, stressful (and often less than enjoyable!) career to spend a year with my little one I'm really beginning to feel the need for some challenging adult company...

I'm sure there are lots of you out there, so lets meet up in one of crouch End's many Cafés and share in the trials, tribulations and joys of motherhood grin

elkiedee Thu 19-Feb-09 02:37:54

Hi fistiki

I'm a little east of Crouch End in Tottenham but would be happy to jump on a 41 bus and come and meet you with my 2nd baby some time. He's almost 16 days old at time of posting this and has a brother who is just 21 months older.

Gizzle Mon 23-Feb-09 15:30:04

Hi fistiki
I have been thinking about starting a thread on here for local new, 40+ mums. I have a 13 month old boy (where did the last year go?) and am 44 years old. I've made lots of new friends since becoming a mum but most of whom are a fair bit younger. Nothing wrong in that, but would love to meet up with some mums the other side of the (not so) big 4-0.

fizzyone Mon 02-Mar-09 14:01:52

Hi there
I'm a first time Mum in Tottenham (just on the other side of 40, I'm 39) - would be good to meet others locally

My daughter is three weeks old today :-)
xx

elkiedee Wed 04-Mar-09 13:45:19

fizzy, I'm also 39 in Tottenham, my 2nd baby was 4 weeks old yesterday.

Whereabouts in Tottenham are you? Would be happy to try and meet up.

fizzyone Tue 07-Apr-09 14:44:41

doh, elkiedee, i forgot to add a watch on this so only just saw your message

i live off philip lane, near mt pleasant road - and you?

eight weeks now and things seem to be getting a bit easier! would be good to try and meet

Fiona

elkiedee Thu 09-Apr-09 14:19:21

fizzy, you're quite near us - we're on the other side of West Green Road near the roundabout where Philip Lane and West Green Road meet.

Perhaps we could try to meet up next week?

There's a nice baby group for mums with babies under 1 on Tuesday afternoons at Downhills Park Primary School, it would be nice to see other babies of C's age there. It's not on next week but let me know if you fancy coming on Tue 21 April.

elkiedee Wed 15-Apr-09 14:48:47

Just bumping in case fizzyone or anyone else is reading.

jo69 Tue 20-Oct-09 21:20:44

Hello all

I would be interested in joining all of those either pushing 40 or "past it". I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old and am in crouch end if anyone would like to meet. I can see this thread has been on the go a while though.

elkiedee Thu 22-Oct-09 00:28:42

Hi Jo

I'm just about to go back to work next week but will have a day off a week for a while if you'd like to try and meet up - there are groups where we could bring 2 year olds and babies on Monday afternoon (near Turnpike Lane tube) and Thursday afternoon (near me in Tottenham but very easy to get to from Crouch End).

jo69 Thu 22-Oct-09 22:21:44

Hello Elkidee

I could certainly get down to Turnpike lane on a Monday with the baby if that suited you as toddler is in nursery or try a Thursday with them both but that would be a bit more difficult as I don't drive. Hope going back to work won't be too stressful for you. I am worrying about it already and it is months away at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now