Playgroup / meetups for 13 month old?

(16 Posts)
Rayday Tue 02-Sep-08 10:51:41

Hi, We moved to Muswell Hill recently and would love to meet others with similar aged babies/toddlers for play, coffee or walks. I'm also on the lookout for a drop-in playgroup and fun music class so all suggestions welcome. Thanks!

MarsLady Tue 02-Sep-08 10:57:05

The Methodist Church on Pages Lane does a lovely playgroup

St James Church on the Broadway has 10/10 club which is a mums and tots on a Monday morning at 9.50am

MarsLady Tue 02-Sep-08 10:58:38

Oh and welcome to M'Hill. smile Mine are now all in school.

You'll also find info in the Toy Shop window about local groups.

Haringey Families is worth joining

smile hth

elkiedee Tue 02-Sep-08 11:46:11

The NCT runs a baby and toddler group on Tuesday afternoons at CUFOS, I think. One of the organisers is an mn regular, but had another baby herself a few weeks ago. I only went once because it's on at the same time as a baby group much closer to home for me (I'm on the other side of the borough).

elkiedee Tue 02-Sep-08 11:47:59

Also have a look at earlier threads, there are several of you in the area with babies from 8 months up. I'd offer to meet up but I'm back at work at the moment, full time and don't live that close.

AHen Tue 02-Sep-08 11:53:01

Hi Rayday, We just moved here a month ago too. I have a 13 month old son and we have been looking to meet people as well. I would love to meet up for coffee some time. I have found some activities at the library in Muswell Hill Broadway and I think that there is a play group at CUFOS on The Avenue on Tuesday afternoons.

Rayday Tue 02-Sep-08 22:40:11

Thanks everyone. This is really helpful. I will get planning but in the meantime, AHen - I may try to drop in to the Methodist Church MarsLady mentioned tomorrow morning - depending on how an early dr visit goes - if you wanted to meet there. Or, later in the week/next week?
Nice to know there are others out there!

AHen Wed 03-Sep-08 08:42:39

I was planning on going to the Methodist Church group today too. Hope to see you there, Rayday. Fingers crossed that it has started up again. I went to CUFOS yesterday but it wasn't open. Does anyone know when that begins again? Rayday, if the playgroup isn't on today then we will walk around to messy play at Muswell Hill library (on Queen's Avenue at the Broadway) That goes until 12.30 today. Otherwise let's try and meet later this week or early next!

Rayday Wed 03-Sep-08 10:34:50

I'm running quite late for the playgroup but am going to drop in anyway - or at the library. I will look out for you too. Btw I am in a stripey orange top.

wotnopulling Wed 03-Sep-08 22:47:32

hello. hope you're enjoying muswell hill and managed to meet up with AHen.
i'm halfway between finsbury park and crouch end so am a little way from you but I have a 12 month old and an almost three year old. i worry that the toddler has mates but baby doesn't - would be up for meeting (tho will have toddler as well as baby, obviously!). I am due back at work in a few weeks but will be free thursdays and fridays. fridays is good for music in priory park if anyone interested in that? Also have friend in area with two los same age as mine - so we could all meet up sometime perhaps.

toby8 Thu 04-Sep-08 15:45:02

Hi wotnopulling I've just moved to Crouch End and have a 5 month old and 2 year old .. would love to meet up sometime maybe in the park some morning my 2 year old goes to nursery Tues to Thurs from 9-1 so could do those day with just baby or other 2 with them both .. let me know if you are inetersted!

ladymac Thu 04-Sep-08 16:43:20

Hi and welcome to Muswell Hill!

The NCT run drop in at CUFOS starts again next tues, the 9th, from 3 till 4.30. It's a really nice group, very relaxed and friendly. I go every week with my 17 month old dd.

I am hoping to get to the toy library (Queen's Ave library) tomorrow morning. Have dr's appt (also in Queen's Ave) at 9.50 tomorrow, hope to get to the library by 10.30. Dd is a redhead for recognition purposes.

Rayday Thu 04-Sep-08 21:59:55

Hi. Yes, very happy to be here thanks. AHen and I met up in the library yesterday and are heading to the Haringey Families playgroup tomorrow morning 9:45-11. Would love to see anyone else there too. The details are here:
http://www.haringeyfamilies.co.uk/Default.aspx?articleId=28
So Ladymac, I won't be at the library tomorrow but will definitely aim for CUFOS on Tuesday. I have curly brown hair and dd is fair.
Wotnopulling, I like the sound of music in Priory Park. What time does it happen? If tomorrow doesn't work out I could definitely meet up in the park another day next week.

wobbegong Thu 04-Sep-08 23:03:18

I'll be there Rayday and Ahen at the Haringey Families group tomorrow. My DD is a bit younger (9 months) but I don't know anyone there so please come and say hello! I'll be wearing a... erm... pink carnation bright red hoodie.

AHen Fri 05-Sep-08 07:41:40

Wobbegong I will definitely look out for you today. Ladymac, I am also going to try CUFOS again on Tuesday, so I will hopefully see you there. Is the Priory Park music thing just a Friday thing?
DS is fair and I have brown hair (not that that will probably be a whole lot of good for id purposes!)

wotnopulling Mon 08-Sep-08 10:29:01

hello all and sorry for posting and then not being around! priory park music i should check as it's a long long time since i've been but used to be 1030 in the cafe.
i am suddenly less available as will be back at work in two weeks and settling in dd2 with childminder on tues/wed until then. <fearfull emoticon>
But i will be up for fun and frolics - or at least meeting up with other mums and babies/toddlers on Thurs and Fridays.
Park always good toby8 - when are you around? i'm still getting my head around the fact i have a one year old and a three in a couple of months year old. i had a newborn and 22 month old just yesterday, i swear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now