New to Muswell Hill

(15 Posts)
SebbysMum Tue 17-Jun-08 19:35:27

We've just moved within Haringey to Muswell Hill and I'd love to meet local mums with babies of a similar age to my son who is now 6 months old. Perhaps you don't fit this description but do have tips on very local activities that I could do or places to go to meet local mums.

Harri1 Wed 18-Jun-08 12:20:30

Hi sebbys mum, this is Harri1 we have met before at the crouch end meet ups, but they seemed to fritter out, don't know what happeded we even swapped emails at some point
but me and my dd are happy to catch up in m.hill, we are up there fairly regularly
let us know

elkiedee Tue 24-Jun-08 12:45:42

There's a Tuesday afternoon baby and toddler group at CUFOS aka the Old Fire Station, it's NCT but it's open. I only took DS once because I had a much more local group to go to, but it seemed to be quite good fun.

The cafe that you used to meet in on Monday afternoons in Crouch End has closed down!

Maybe you could start a thread here suggesting a mumsnet meet up in Muswell Hill (the Crocodile cafe on the Broadway is where I used to meet up with an NCT postnatal group bunch).

I'm back at work now but have some leave to use up over the next few months if anyone fancies another Haringey meet up, I can bring D to Muswell Hill. Or Crouch End if that's any good - the Maynard where we met last time is actually well on the way towards MH on Park Road.

Sarazinha Wed 25-Jun-08 14:00:34

Hey mums,

I live in Muswell hill and have a 4 month old girl. I would love to meet local mums as sometimes i think my daughter and I are getting tired of being only with each other. Well not really but a bit more interaction with other mums is always a good thing. the crocodile cafe is a good venue and i am only busy on Thursdays. What do you think?

SebbysMum Tue 01-Jul-08 12:21:30

Hi Sarazinha. Sorry for delay in responding. Would you like to meet up at the Crocodile Cafe, outside bit, on Tuesday 8th July in the morning, say 11am? If this works for you we could arrange for a wider meet up on that date.

Sarazinha Wed 02-Jul-08 15:20:08

Hey Sebbysmum,
Thanks for replying, great to hear from you. It's unlucky I am visiting nurseries on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 10.30. Can you do it in the afternoon? Or Wednesday or Friday at 11?

SebbysMum Wed 02-Jul-08 16:59:53

Friday 11 July at 11am would work well for me. Shall we meet at the Crocodile Cafe in the outside covered bit? Anyone who sees this message and fancies meeting some new people (or familiar faces in the case of Harri1)could come along and if it ends up being just us, that's fine too. I'll look forward to it. Perhaps we can compare notes on local nurseries. I am on the case at the moment too though am resigned to the fact that a place is unlikely to be available when we need it.

Sarazinha Wed 02-Jul-08 19:17:12

Perfect! It will be lovely to meet you and other mums that may pop in.By Friday I'll be ready to compare notes (maybe moan a little) about nurseries, places, and prices ... They charge a fortune... Great, I'll see you then!

SebbysMum Mon 07-Jul-08 09:50:45

Does anyone else want to come to meet us on Friday?

elkiedee Mon 07-Jul-08 17:07:10

I want to... but unfortunately I don't think I can just take this Friday off, need to conserve leave a bit right now. Hope you have a lovely time.

jesso Thu 31-Jul-08 19:05:08

Hello - I live in Muswell Hill and would love to meet up if this is a regular thing? I have a 3 month old baby girl.

mamabea Thu 31-Jul-08 19:22:37

I'm everso local to M. Hill and have 3 1/2 year old plus a 6 month old- count me in please!

SebbysMum Thu 31-Jul-08 20:51:31

Hi both Jesso and Mamabea. I have met Sarazinha a few times now. Yesterday we went to the summer picnic organised by the playgroup run at the Methodist Church in Pages Lane. It will be on again next Wednesday 11.30am-2pm. Perhaps you'd like to go next week (if you haven't been already)?

mamabea Thu 31-Jul-08 20:52:41

love that playgroup-used to go with DD1 so will be nice to revisit.
thats a date then.

jesso Fri 01-Aug-08 12:00:07

excellent, sounds nice. I have to be somewhere else at 1 but will come along to the start of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now