Moving to Alexandra Palace

(5 Posts)
ScaryHairy Fri 10-Aug-07 21:13:18

Well, not the palace, obviously.
We're moving up there in a bit over a week and I am very excited!
But what is there for me to do with DD (age 1)? I've been taking her swimming a lot and would love to keep that up, but where should we go? And what's the best way to meet people?
Thank you!

elkiedee Fri 10-Aug-07 23:21:53

ScaryHairy, There are several Council swimming pools including a Lido, but not sure where they are (I live in Tottenham and have only been to Tottenham Green, many years pre baby).

There are lots of drop ins and activities in Haringey for women with babies. Are you with dd all day, or working part or full time?

I recommend the Burghley Road Under 5's Community Centre just west of Turnpike Lane tube or Wood Green High Road - Jolly Babies on Monday afternoons 1-4 is a drop in and has a room for younger babies like mine and one for those of an age where they're beginning to walk etc - can be a bit hazardous for younger babies. I went for the first time last week and they made me very welcome.

ladymac Fri 10-Aug-07 23:57:51

What side of the palace are you moving to?

On the Crouch End side Park Road pool is near for swimming. Swimming classes there too.

There are lots of Mother and Baby drop ins; don't know which would be your nearest.

ladymac Fri 10-Aug-07 23:59:57

Just that there is lots going on in Muswell Hill if you are that side of the palace.

ScaryHairy Sat 11-Aug-07 18:43:42

We are just north of the palace - off Victoria Road - so I guess a 15 minute walk to Crouch End or Muswell Hill (and I have a car). I am working full time (hence the move - am desperate for a shorter commute into the city) but am keen to ensure that my daughter makes friends, as she's been in nursery up until now but will have a nanny going forward. Plus when I do get a day off I want us to do lots of fun things together otherwise she gets a bit bored with me!
Anyway, thanks for all tips. That lido in Crouch End looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now