Competition time! Highgate Mums - ten copies to give away! - NOW CLOSED

(12 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Nov-16 15:45:46

'Her first words were "shoes" and "brioche".'

'There's no nicer way to put this, but frankly anyone can afford to go skiing these days.'

'Of course I said "no". A trampoline in the garden gives out entirely the wrong message.'

Any of these sound familiar? Based on the popular Twitter account @Highgatemums, this hilarious collection brings together the most outrageous snippets of conversation that have been overheard in the shops and cafes of this gentrified North London suburb.

Highgate Mums also includes confessions from mothers dismayed by their own upper-middle-class offspring and submissions from fathers making fun of themselves with the hashtag #lattedads, revealing day-to-day life among Britain's chattering classes as never before.

Apply to win a copy of the book before 12pm Friday 11 November - just post on the thread letting us know you want a copy. We'll then choose ten winners at random.

Thanks all - good luck!

NGFM Sat 05-Nov-16 19:29:51

I want one please! Not quite in Highgate but my toddler did beg his childminder for cavolo nero the other day...

stroudgreener Sun 06-Nov-16 15:26:29

Yes please!

blitzgirl Sun 06-Nov-16 23:05:19

I would like a copy please! As an avid people watcher this sounds hilarious! smile

Rossi64 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:04:52

I would love the chance to win one of these copies. Book sounds amazing.

AusSummer Mon 07-Nov-16 23:15:44

Yes please! Twitter account is hilarious!

TheEternalForever Tue 08-Nov-16 09:53:46

I'd love a copy, please!! It sounds hilarious grin

DaisyDando Tue 08-Nov-16 11:23:50

I'm a Highgate mum, but not a Highgate mum, if you see what I mean.( Although I am not averse to quinoa.) Would love a copy to read knowingly on the 143.

Yokohamajojo Wed 09-Nov-16 10:58:20

Yes please!

gilbster Wed 09-Nov-16 15:04:21

This sounds like a very amusing book, and I would love the opportunity to win a copy.

Suki09 Thu 10-Nov-16 07:56:54

I would love one, thank you! The highlight of my morning is reading @Highgatemums! X

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Nov-16 12:32:32

Thanks everyone, this competition is now closed.

We're pleased to say that all of you will receive a copy of the book! smile

Please email our Books team on bookclub@mumsnet.com with your username and your address to claim your prize.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now