Advice please - a primary teacher looking to become a Nanny

(3 Posts)
Z0FIA Tue 19-Jan-16 15:18:32

Hello,
My name is Zofia. I am a qualified Primary Teacher from Scotland who has recently moved into the area. I have a long term goal of starting my own social enterprise to work with children on creative projects and would love to work as a Nanny in the years leading up to this.

I am a very gentle and nurturing person who genuinely enjoys spending time with children. I am creative, love reading and writing and the outdoors.

I was hoping mums on here could give me some advice on how best to go about getting a position as a nanny. Where would you look for one? What training do you expect them to have? And any other information you think relevant.

Hoping to hear from you,
Zofia

YorkshireNanny Tue 19-Jan-16 18:52:02

Hi I'm a nanny, I'm qualified but you don't have to be, it's family preference. You sound like you have experience working with children and lots of families prefer that. There are lots of websites you can create a profile on which are free for nannies. Or you can go through an agency (they will place you but not pay you, the contract will be between you and the family) also free to join agencies, the parents pay a lump sum to the agency once they have found a nanny. Hope that helps smile good luck X

Z0FIA Wed 20-Jan-16 10:20:10

Thank you very much for your advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now