Artisan Coffee Shop Opposite Priory Park with play area

(8 Posts)
evbang Tue 24-Feb-15 12:55:05

Hi all,

I'm thinking of opening a an artisan coffee shop at no 8 Priory Road opposite the park. Opening at 7am until 18.00pm 7 days a week.

The space is great and exactly what Ive been looking for. However I wanted to get peoples feedback about whether you feel its the right location and whether the people, especially the mums n dads would benefit from a coffee shop there?

I would be serving first of all excellent speciality coffee made by baristas who know what their doing as well as deli style sandwiches, eggs, salads, gluten free products, organic products and of course vegetarian options.

The idea is to create a lounge environment at the back for a more relaxed experience, with a play area for the kids. Then more formal seating in the main front space opposite the bar. Outside seating of course and when possible arts exhibitions, inside for local artists and venue hire for parties, yoga classes etc.

I'm hoping this is something you all would feel happy about and please do let me know your thoughts.
Theres a few style ideas attached.
Regards

IslingtonCamdenHaringeyWestmin Thu 12-Mar-15 14:22:01

I think its a great idea, there are loads of families living off Priory Road, I for one would use the space.

Good luck with it.

bubbleguppies Thu 12-Mar-15 14:46:32

This sounds amazing. Imagine - having some good food, whilst the kids are playing at the back.
The world needs more coffee shops with play areas!

MSolomou Sat 21-Mar-15 09:24:39

Great idea! Will it be similar to Full of Beans in Highbury Park? Was just moaning to someone the other day that there wasn't something like this closer to Crouch End!

fatpony Wed 06-May-15 13:18:39

This sounds a great idea but wouldn't it be right next to the new-ish coffee shop at No 10?

mitamay Mon 15-Jun-15 13:41:46

Any more news on this evbang???

evbang Fri 19-Jun-15 14:39:56

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I had a chat with the restaurant guys next door who told me that it wouldn't be a good place to do it.

But that aside, I actually moved out of the area.

I'm sure theres loads round that area now if not to come.

E

coffeevogue Fri 14-Aug-15 17:34:58

I just read this and got all excited and then realised you'd aborted the idea. So sad - the restaurant at no.10 is rubbish and does bad coffee - an artisan coffee shop here is exactly what is needed in that parade of shops. right next to the bus stop too, so my husband would be happy in the morning too. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that this isn't going to happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now