Primary schools in and around Chandler's Ford.

(7 Posts)
ssaw2013 Wed 22-May-13 11:14:21

We need to find a primary school for our two children to start this September or one infant and one junior but they need to be located minutes away from each-other because I don't drive. Would love of course an outstanding school but I do understand that at this time of the year it wouldn't be easy to choose.
Thanks!

FriedSprout Fri 31-May-13 09:18:50

Hi
Hiltingbury junior and hiltingbury Infant Schools in Chandlers Ford share the same site, are feeder schools for Thornden (Outstanding), and have very good reputation themselves.

pupsiecola Tue 04-Jun-13 20:25:48

We were very lucky and just got places for our two DSs at Knightwood. They started 3 weeks ago and are loving the school. I wrote to 26 schools in the local area (by email). Only about 3 could accommodate both boys. Two were in special measures so I decided against them (having just moved from Asia where DS2 was VERY unhappy at school I wasn't taking any chances).

My advice would be go through the Right Move schools website to see what the options are and then email as many as you can. I think there is some movement this time of year.

Good luck!

ssaw2013 Wed 05-Jun-13 13:52:06

Thank you Friedsprout and Pupsiecola. I think it is very difficult to find not only a place at a good school but also accommodation. Pupsiecola, lucky you! We all want to see our children happy at school. I wonder whether the size of the school matters. Some schools take more than 100 children in one year.

pupsiecola Wed 05-Jun-13 14:42:01

I think the size of the school does matter, and also what type of personality the child has. In Asia the boys were at a school with 1500 kids and that's considered small! Most have 2000 to 2500 kids from ages 3 to 18. It didn't faze my older son but I found it like going to an office block. Good luck. I think we were lucky and boy was it stressful.

ssaw2013 Wed 05-Jun-13 14:53:16

Thanks! My older is a bit shy and softish. May be a small school would be better.

ssaw2013 Wed 05-Jun-13 14:54:14

That is a lot of pupils!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now