Playground on Dean Lane..?

(4 Posts)
Mij Wed 18-May-11 16:25:45

Hello Wintonians

I'm Winchester born & bred, now in sunny Yorkshire but returning for a small reunion picnic at the weekend. Few of us have kids (age range from 1-10) so we're looking for a play-friendly location. Thought of Riverpark of course, but the playground isn't next to a nice green spot for picnicing, and Abbey Gardens but apparently it's been attacked by beetles and is under tons of soil. An in-law of one of our number says there's a good park now opposite Stoney Lane (where the YMCA used to be..?) with zip wires etc, but no idea how good it is for littlies or a picnic for the grown-ups with no kids either.

Any feedback on that one and/or alternative locations much appreciated. There's only about 10 of us getting together, and some with no car.

Thanks in advance!

Mij Wed 18-May-11 22:08:44

Anyone in the post-bedtime crowd?

WinkyGirl Thu 21-Jul-11 18:32:49

I have just stumbled across this - I am going past there tomorrow and could check though I imagine you have probably already met up?!

SJBHants Mon 25-Jul-11 19:36:20

Hello, I can recommend the Dean Lane park. My kids are 5 and 7 and we live locally. It is well kept and there is plenty of grass for picnics and football. The new Waitrose opposite is a bonus too as it sells lovely food that you can add to your picnic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now