Full-time live-out nanny Fulham – 2 boys sole charge Mon-Fri 8am-8pm

(7 Posts)
Leeiilaa Thu 09-Feb-17 21:07:45

We are a busy French family looking for a nanny who would look after our 2 gorgeous and curious boys (6 months and 3 years) during the week 8am-8pm (hours to be discussed together).
Successful applicants will have a strong interest for interacting with children (talking, teaching, playing, educating), have experience looking after babies and numerous children, be proactive (organising arts and crafts at home, attending playgroups, activities, museums, going to the park) and full of energy. English must be a first language or be at least fluent.
The oldest goes to nursery (10-minute walk from home) 2 days a week. During the day, the nanny would be expected to carry out light household duties (essentially washing and tidying up, a housekeeper comes 2 hours a week) and take the initiative to cook healthy meals (variety of meat and vegetables).
We live next to Bishop’s park (easy for outdoor activities). No need to drive.
Offering £400-500 gross per week depending on experience. Babysitting paid at £10 per hour on top.
Start date end of March.

tempnamechange77 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:04:00

We employed our nanny last year in the same area. I think you will struggle to find what you are looking for on that salary.

AndShesGone Fri 10-Feb-17 10:07:54

£6.66 an hour in Fulham confusedshock
Lol

Leeiilaa Sun 12-Feb-17 18:35:22

The number of hours is slightly flexible and to be discussed with the nannies. Important for us is to find the right person for the children.

babybarrister Mon 13-Feb-17 13:52:54

I too agree that the salary is too low - 5 years ago I was paying £500 pw for far fewer hours

I also pay my cleaner £11 ph around there so your babysitting rate is also very low IMO

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Mon 13-Feb-17 21:53:46

I love very close to Fulham and would say that a nanny costs approx £12 + per hr (gross).

I'm paying £14ph for a more experienced nanny now.

If you do get people willing to work for £6.66per hr I'd pay very close attention to DBS and references, as well as immigration status and willingness to be paid properly gross and with tax/NI all above board. It is so much lower than the norm that you'd have to think about what exactly is the motivation to do the job.

That's probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry!

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Mon 13-Feb-17 21:55:06

What about a nanny share? You might find that more cost effective yet keeping the personal element to it. They are tricky to maintain though with 3 parties involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now