Merry-Go-Round new shop in Stokey

(7 Posts)
elportodelgato Wed 20-May-09 10:45:10

FYI the excellent Merry-Go-Round second hand kids shop (on Clarence Rd) has just opened a branch in Stokey. They only opened at the weekend so they're pretty new and not much stock yet but apparently they'll be getting more in, incl books and toys. It's on Rectory Rd just opposite the Sunstone Gym.

janx Wed 20-May-09 19:30:09

Its on Northwold road - not rectory...I went in the other day and I thought they were pretty unfriendly actually. Tried to engage them in a bit of friendly chat and they were really cold....seeing as I was the only person in there I thought it was a bit daft not to be welcoming, especially as they had just opened...put me right off

hongkongzoe Mon 25-May-09 15:57:03

I live near he Clarence Rd one, and second that they are not all that friendly. It's a real hassle to get the money back from anything you sell through them too, they take forever and seem really disorganised. Also pretty overpriced IMO. Sorry to be negative, thought they were a lot better before they changed ownership last year.

sweetz Sun 07-Jun-09 02:01:58

LOL. The old lot at Merry go round cleared off without paying anybody. The new lot seem friendly enough to me and are getting money onto my account that was never there before so I think they are doing a great job. Can't wait to see the new shop.

mrsmacleod Wed 10-Jun-09 16:07:08

Am surprised that no one has opened a 2nd hand kids store in stokey before - will be interesting to see how well they do hmm

janx Tue 16-Jun-09 21:04:22

I have always wanted to open one!

fingbusymum Tue 10-Nov-09 09:54:14

There was one, on Church St, it was brilliant with lots of v good quality stuff well-priced, but closed a few years ago. Can't remember name now. Used to go there between 1999 and 2001. Was v friendly too. I thought old lot at Merry-Go-Round were grumpy and unresponsive. Haven't been recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now