Can anyone help on childcare options in victoria park?

(8 Posts)
Clairemo Tue 02-Sep-08 22:43:51

Hi there,
I'm planning on going back to work early next year and have started looking at nurseries in my local area (e9), ideally in walking distance from victoria park. I can only find one (wetherall). I'd love some recommendations from anyone in the area - I don't know where to start!

fourlittlefeet Wed 24-Sep-08 16:12:22

wetherall is fantastic; I know of a few children/babies that go there and are happy. its also quite cheap smile

QueenoftheWildThings Wed 24-Sep-08 20:42:39

We've used Montessori on the Park and the Queen Mary University nursery at Mile End, and both have got advantages. MotP better location for you probably, and more outside space, newer facilities but staff turnover is higher. The university nursery is handy for the Tube and the staff are fantastic (they tended to be people whe've had kids of their own) and because they are employees of the university they seem to stay longer.

hoxtonchick Wed 24-Sep-08 20:45:50

ah, queen mary university nursery was ds's first nursery (he's 6.5 now shock). we live in hackney but fil works at qmul. was a lovely nursery, though i agree not much outside space. the staff were very loving. we only moved ds because he got a place at our local children's centre & the journey to qm was a pita.

NKffffffffeae947a8X11d53b5b06c Fri 31-Oct-08 17:02:57

hi, can anyone help with recommendations for childcare in Newington Green? I am studying from home and only need a couple of afternoons a week... but i don't know where to start

janx Fri 31-Oct-08 21:19:36

I had a lovely childminder who lived off Albion Road - not sure what she is up to - but if you contact the learning trust they will give you a list of registered childminders. If you cat me i can give you more details

Andreakate Mon 20-Jul-09 17:55:24

Hi there,

I am looking too and have put my name down at Ann Taylor which looked lovely - but of a hike but seemed much nicer than Wetherell.

A

ArchitectMum Tue 20-Oct-09 14:08:20

I can recommend Wetherell! Got two children there at present and they have always been very happy. Fees have always been pretty good compared to other nurseries.

I am currently looking for an after school childminder (Lauriston school) as my oldest leaves nursery for school in January. Does anyone know anyone? Have tried loads on Learning Trust's list but no vacancies.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now