Harringay Primaries

(4 Posts)
Bambi934 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:02:15

Hi all! For some reason this site had allocated me a Hackney Local, even though I am technically a Haringey resident?

I am looking at primary schools for my DD - I am on Green Lanes a few doors down to the Salisbury pub.

It seems the closest schools to me are South Harringay, North Haringey, Chestnuts, and West Green. Does any one have any opinions on these schools? Any thing you know or have heard welcome! I of course will visit nearer the time.

Unfortunately for me it seems all the 'better' schools are on the other side of the ladder and the tracks - Coldfall, Rhodes Avenue, Coleridge, Tetherdown, Muswell etc.. I think I already know the answer, but do you think I would have any chance getting DD into a school on the other side of the railway tracks?

Are there any other schools you know of in my area that you think I should look into?

Thanks

WobblyLondoner Sat 25-Mar-17 21:05:25

Go and look at the schools before you decide against them - a number are very good. You've not a hope of getting into the ones on the other side of the railway.

Bambi934 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:49:52

I haven'the decided against them at all. Just been looking at league tables and comparing them, and it does seem like there is a cluster of really good schools (performance-wise) over the other side, but they are all heavily over-subscribed, so I am looking closer to home.

My client one is South Harringay. I have been there once before for a toddler-group and it seemed really friendly and warm.

WobblyLondoner Sun 26-Mar-17 10:01:08

The problem with league tables is that they mainly just tell you about the catchment area. The schools that have the best results are in very middle class areas, whereas the other ones have a far more mixed population. I've had good experience and/or heard good things about South Harringay and Chestnuts - I don't know about the others. Worth trying to chat to other parents in person, I think it's hard getting an honest impression on sites like this (though worth googling Harringay Online and seeing if any discussion there).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now